PDA

View Full Version : What to do woth a 12 month old?

bunnyjess
15-10-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm really stuck. Maybe I'm just over analysing things but I'm not sure what activities I can do with a one year old. I don't know where to start really. I'm fine with 2+ but I'm not too sure about babies? Any help would be massively appreciated

supermumy
15-10-2013, 12:26 PM
I have a 11month old very soon 1 and we do everything a 2yr old does
We do loads of messy play water shaving foam etc
Painting
Sticking
Puzzles
Music
All the normal cars and animals dolls etc makin the noises
Bricks we build it and he knocks it down or we count to 3
Mirrors are good

Also flip board books

MessybutHappy
15-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Heuristic play, treasure baskets, pram walks.
The thing I was told was that a poem walk may be unexciting to you, but a 12 month old is seeing, linking, remembering, noticing stuff. If you don't get out, they won't have that opportunity.

bunnyjess
19-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Ok thank you guys. Just needed some inspiration x

yummyripples
19-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Heuristic play, treasure baskets, pram walks.
The thing I was told was that a poem walk may be unexciting to you, but a 12 month old is seeing, linking, remembering, noticing stuff. If you don't get out, they won't have that opportunity.

Ooh I got all excited about a poem walk but realised it's a pram walk. Duh
We do story walks which are fab but a poem walk sounded even more fab

MessybutHappy
19-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Ooh I got all excited about a poem walk but realised it's a pram walk. Duh
We do story walks which are fab but a poem walk sounded even more fab

I did mean pram walk, yes, but you are right...poem walks... Cool idea! Will think some more!

Simona
19-10-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm really stuck. Maybe I'm just over analysing things but I'm not sure what activities I can do with a one year old. I don't know where to start really. I'm fine with 2+ but I'm not too sure about babies? Any help would be massively appreciated

Use Development Matters as Guidance...so much to do with babies!!

starlight1
19-10-2013, 10:00 PM
my 14 month old fave is cooking equipment, music, and nursery rhymes doing lots of action rhymes at the mo, building blocks, builder tools, books has semed to lose concentration with at mo so generally 4 pages of a book, shape sorter , jigsaw though more take apart than put back together

Outside go to sensory room , music group, and soft play...