PDA

View Full Version : new and lost!

gembo
14-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, sorry im completly new so have a few questions....

I currentlty live at home with my parents and wont be moving out until april probably am i still able to do it in their premises? and when i do move out is it simple to change premises as such? im thinking if registration takes up to 3 months and would want to get a few bits ready it would be about them anyway...

has anyone applied for the govenment fund atm for new childminders?

does everybody have a name for their childminding business?

Ive been looking for info about starting and i need to do this pre reg course with the local family service but the link just takes me to my council home page each time and cant seem to search anything on their page and ive tried sevreal times now. How did everyone go about getting on these courses? i saw on one post a lady said in essex they have stopped doing them and they now have to be done thru pacy??

sorry ladies know theres a few questions there would apreicate your help tho :) its a shame there isnt a start up checklist that you can run thru :) that would be so helpful! xx

dawn100
15-10-2013, 08:48 AM
In my local area they run question and basic info evenings on childminding and the set up process, in my council you have to attend this before you can do the pre reg course. Try giving your local family information service a call and see if your area does something similar, each council seems to vary greatly, hopefully they will be able to point you in the right direction.

tulip0803
15-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Hey guys, sorry im completly new so have a few questions....

I currentlty live at home with my parents and wont be moving out until april probably am i still able to do it in their premises? and when i do move out is it simple to change premises as such? im thinking if registration takes up to 3 months and would want to get a few bits ready it would be about them anyway...If your parents give you permission and the house is safe and suitable then you shouldn't have any problems. Registration takes anything from 3 months to 12 months depending on where you live

has anyone applied for the govenment fund atm for new childminders?Sorry I have been registered for too long but your LA should be able to advise you.

does everybody have a name for their childminding business?Some do and some don't. I just use my name and childminding

Ive been looking for info about starting and i need to do this pre reg course with the local family service but the link just takes me to my council home page each time and cant seem to search anything on their page and ive tried sevreal times now. How did everyone go about getting on these courses? i saw on one post a lady said in essex they have stopped doing them and they now have to be done thru pacy?? Contact your local councils Family Information Service and they will advise you of what you need to do. Some councils want you to attend their briefing sessions others will tell you to register for the Pacey course. You need to check how your LA does things. If you are in Essex you will still need to check with them to see what you have to do.

sorry ladies know theres a few questions there would apreicate your help tho :) its a shame there isnt a start up checklist that you can run thru :) that would be so helpful! xx

Hope that Helps. This is the info that the forum has put together about registering http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

Good luck:thumbsup:

MrsPixie
29-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi
I would definitely advise you go on the briefing session with your council asap because they are really helpful and can answer loads of questions :)
I think it takes longer than 3 months really I have just completed my pre-reg course and was told it would be 12 weeks from when I send off my ofsted application roughly but the pre reg course took me 6 weeks.

tas
29-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Contact your local councils Early years department they will be able to advise you and book you onto a childminding briefing session :)

Tulip
29-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Allow plenty of time definately takes longer than 3 months x