PDA

View Full Version : CRB checks or DBS checks

Trouble
14-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know about this? The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged into the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). CRB checks are now called DBS checks. My boss has just informed us that we now need this at the cost of £52 She says that crb are no longer valid and this is what we should have or kiss your job good bye :angry::angry::angry::angry:I thought Crb were just as good do they have a time frame on them? If so how long? I thought there was no DBS now as it didn't work out so they scrapped it?Does anyone know anything about this or is this just another one of her wimms:panic: Any help on this matter would be appreciated :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
14-10-2013, 04:45 PM
No the DBS came into force as of July this year.

Did you have to renew your crb every so often? I know Ofsted has said our crbs are still valid and dh works for a care company which are not insisting on a dbs neither.

dawn100
14-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I do youth work and for that my crb has to repeated every 3 years so what they are doing is when that 3 years is up they are going to do a DBS then as far as I understand crb's still stand but new ones are DBS checks.