PDA

View Full Version : reviewing the way I do things, advice please.

Npg1
14-10-2013, 03:26 PM
After an incident today with 2 of my mindees pinching I feel the need to review how I manage my setting and do things. Most days I have 2 children under 2.
My house is an L shape. Lounge one side, kitchen diner the other side, I can see through the Windows most of the time.
What I want to know is if I need to make lunch, go to the loo, get a drink, take one upstairs for a nap etc how do I go about it? Do you all use travel cots? Am I better putting them to sleep in buggies? Thanks

hectors house
14-10-2013, 04:33 PM
If you need to leave the room to make drinks, snacks, meals I would take the youngest (the pincher) with you and pop into a highchair - if you need to leave room to go to loo, answer door I would have a buggy or travel cot up at all times downstairs so you can put them in. If you are taking one upstairs for a sleep then you could put other one in travel cot or buggy downstairs and put TV on for 2 mins. I have an old buggy that is still safe but not presentable to use for outings that I just use in the house either for children to sleep in or to just keep them safe for a couple of mins - may be worth asking around to see if anyone has an old buggy they want to pass your way.

serin
14-10-2013, 05:51 PM
If you need to leave the room to make drinks, snacks, meals I would take the youngest (the pincher) with you and pop into a highchair - if you need to leave room to go to loo, answer door I would have a buggy or travel cot up at all times downstairs so you can put them in. If you are taking one upstairs for a sleep then you could put other one in travel cot or buggy downstairs and put TV on for 2 mins. I have an old buggy that is still safe but not presentable to use for outings that I just use in the house either for children to sleep in or to just keep them safe for a couple of mins - may be worth asking around to see if anyone has an old buggy they want to pass your way.

I agree I multitask it so if I have a parent collecting a child that I know could well pinch bite or hit then I will put him in the highchair for his snack or to drink his milk in there. I also have a travel cot so I can put him in there too. If I have a visitor "potential parent" visiting that cant do weekend then I will time it in hope mindees are sleeping.