PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave

maple
14-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I have a parent who's child comes mon-fri 8-6. I have a feeling mum is going to tell me she is expecting soon and wondered if anyone could offer some advice as to how you charge parents when they are off on maternity????????

Thanks

AliceK
14-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I have had a lot of parents go on maternity leave over the past year. Basically if they leave their child with me and then want a space for the baby that's all well and good and a space will be there for them when they go back to work (most do this), on the other hand if they take their child out for the maternity leave (and I don't blame them) then the space is advertised and filled and I cannot guarantee any spaces when they decide to go back to work. I cannot keep a space open for 12 months on no pay or reduced pay. Most of mine keep their child with me.

xxx

samb
14-10-2013, 02:07 PM
It really depends on what they want to do? I had 1 who kept exactly same hours through maternity then added baby once she returned to work. I took deposit when baby was born to keep his space and carried on as usual. Another dropped hours to half but is funded so it was purely to keep his space open for when mum returns to work or she would have just stopped him coming for those months. In jan baby is starting with me too- mums only going back to work 1 day but longer hours than I currently have mindee so again just took deposit for baby.

I would ask mum what her plans are once she stops work. Is she hoping to return to work once and after how long? And is she returning full time or reduced hours? Then you can work out retainers etc.

Mrs Scrubbit
14-10-2013, 02:45 PM
I have had a lot of parents go on maternity leave over the past year. Basically if they leave their child with me and then want a space for the baby that's all well and good and a space will be there for them when they go back to work (most do this), on the other hand if they take their child out for the maternity leave (and I don't blame them) then the space is advertised and filled and I cannot guarantee any spaces when they decide to go back to work. I cannot keep a space open for 12 months on no pay or reduced pay. Most of mine keep their child with me.

xxx

Likewise xx

Koala
14-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I would definitely take a deposit for new child and be mind full about keeping a space open if she says she needs a break or want to reduce older childs days and you still keep them open for them.

I recently had a parent string me along for months delaying her return back to work, reducing eldest childs hours and having me save a space for new baby as well as additional days for eldest. It was a real pain and I was totally taken advantage of and out of pocket. It wont happen again :angry: