PDA

View Full Version : mindee pinched another mindee on face

Npg1
14-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi. Today I had a 17mth old and a 23mth old. The 17mth old only started 3 weeks ago so is still finding his feet but it seems every time my back is turned he has done something nasty to 23mth old. Hes scratched his face 3 times and pulled a clump of hair out.

I let them watch a bit of tv while I prepared their lunch and thats when it happened. In the afternoon we were making a story corner and he pulled his hair behind my back.

What do I say to 23mth old mum? 17mth olds mum has really sorry. How do I deal with this?

Also how can seperate them while preparing lunch/ going to loo etc

AliceK
14-10-2013, 02:15 PM
You will really have to shadow the 17mth old ALL the time. I had this with a LO about the same age. I couldn't leave her for a second. If I went to the loo she had to sit in the buggy, if I went to prepare a meal in the kitchen she had to come and sit in there in the booster with some toys at the kitchen table. It was hard work and very tiresome but it's not acceptable to hurt another child like that. As a parent I wouldn't be happy if my child had been hurt so many times by another child. Are you logging these down. I logged an accident form for the "victim" and an incident form for the other child which parents had to sign. You might also like to write up a RA for the 17mth old regarding this. Thankfully with the right intervention they will grow out of this.

xxxxx

Npg1
14-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the advice. It was twice not 3 times but it still doesnt make a difference. Yes I have been recording it all. Just feel bad, this is my first incident.

Think I will do a risk assessment. How do I go about that? X