PDA

View Full Version : Things to buy?

littlepumpkins
14-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone could list things a childminder needs to have in order to become a registered childminder for me please.

I have 3 children of my own so I do have a lot of stuff but is there essentials we need and do we have to have these in time for Ofsteds first visit?

Thanks

Mrs Scrubbit
14-10-2013, 07:57 PM
At the moment just concentrate on providing a safe enviroment and do your research (look on free resources) to find out about what paperwork and initial training is required at start up. I would wait until you sign up your first mindee before buying additional resources ( age related), hth and good luck,xx

littlepumpkins
15-10-2013, 05:17 AM
So I don't have to have everything ready and in place for my first Ofsted visit?

kime
15-10-2013, 05:22 AM
You don't need everything in place for first visit. Maybe just some ideas ready incase they ask what sort of resources you will have for certain she groups

hth

kime
15-10-2013, 05:24 AM
Sorry that should be age groups!!

Bumble Beez
15-10-2013, 05:25 AM
So I don't have to have everything ready and in place for my first Ofsted visit?

As long as you have a list together of things you will get or have in place once you are registered and working then that will be fine...no one expects you to have everything done and ready for the first visit x

Sarah x

littlepumpkins
15-10-2013, 06:49 AM
That's great thank you both. Like I said I have most stuff anyway having 3 children of my own and my old childminder is selling me a double pushchair, travel cot and fire blanket.