PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting service

littleDs31
14-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I am looking at bringing more money in as things are a bit slow do i thought a about babysitting. Does anyone else offer this service and if so approx how much is the going rate? Thanks :)

hectors house
14-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Just like childminding, the rates for babysitting will vary depending on where you live - maybe ask your friends how much they pay for babysitters and ask if they would pay more for someone who has experience, first aid certificate etc or are they looking at paying a local teenager as little as they can get away with?

karen m
15-10-2013, 06:34 AM
I have done this and ended up with the children before and after school too, so really is a good idea if business is slow. I charge £5 per hour

Jenna
15-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Before childminding I worked in a nursery and often was asked by parents to baby sit I used to charge £5 p/h for up to 2 children.

Glitter
15-10-2013, 12:12 PM
I offer babysitting. I normal charge between £5 and £7 per hour, depending on how far I have to travel.
I have found most babysitting jobs come through my local Facebook sell and seek group.

loocyloo
15-10-2013, 12:33 PM
my babysitter is a girl who is a TA at a local school. she has loads of experience, degree, CRB and drives. she is in her mid 20's. I pay her £7/hr for 2 children ( 8 & 11 ) when the poor girl babysits for my 2 and a friends 2, and only DD goes to bed ( hopefully! ) we pay her £10/hr !!! we feel we get our moneys worth!

even the teenagers round our way charge £5/hr and they, although lovely, are still young! I like an older babysitter, and one who can take themselves home at the end of the evening, so that if DH & I have had a drink, we don't have to worry about taking the babysitter home!