PDA

View Full Version : Early mornings

Tulip
14-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been wondering how early your mornings start
What time do your children arrive and are they quiet to start off with or full of beans?
Thanks in advance :)

shortstuff
14-10-2013, 10:11 AM
my earliest is 7am and as she is only 19 mths it depends on how long she has been out of bed as to how quiet she is.

DS is usually up by then anyway so no real concerns here as OH can sleep through a bomb going off x

MrsP2C
14-10-2013, 11:34 AM
My earliest is 8am which I try to stick to as my DC don't get up until 7;30.

rickysmiths
14-10-2013, 11:39 AM
When my two were small I had one arriving at 6.30 am for a year :panic: I will start at 7am but prefer 7.30 these days :blush:

Mrs Scrubbit
14-10-2013, 11:48 AM
I will start no earlier than 8am now ( I'm an oldie + all my own children have flown the nest) but way back when I did my fair share of eary starts (5.30am) and must say than I didn't find it a problem as my children were all early risers .......not now though! xx

scottishlass
14-10-2013, 12:44 PM
My earliest start is 8am - like the time before that to get my 2 organised so wouldn't start any earlier! Xx

loocyloo
14-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I have 2 7.30 am starts each week ... 2 siblings who are LOUD! they have been coming 6 mths now and we've got them to be quieter in the morning! my other 7.30 start ( comes the same morning as the siblings ) is very quiet and you would never know LO was here! the other days I start at 8! I don't really like starting earlier than 8, but these children needed it! both mums did try for 7.15, and with the quiet LO I tried it for a while, then mum realised that it was costing her an hours fee to come 15 mins earlier and decided she could probably manage to get to work if she came at 7.30 :D ( double time before 7.30am and after 6pm! )

a few years ago I had a schoolie who would arrive at 7am 2 or 3 mornings a week ... but he was great ... he was just 9 when he started and would come in and empty dishwasher and lay table for breakfast, then help my children with breakfast! I always said to his mum I felt mean charging her as he was so helpful! ( she used to laugh and say he wasn't helpful at home! ) we really missed him when, after 2 1/2yrs he left as went to secondary school, and he didn't need to come any more! ( it was odd, he'd been to several childminders before me, and they had all given notice within a few weeks. another minder had him for a couple of weeks on a temp basis whilst one of hers was away and asked me if I would take him on, saying she thought I would suit him!!! but he never gave me more than the odd moments bother! )

lilac_dragon
15-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Done my share of 5.30 and 6am starts, and been lucky that I've had super los who have been quiet and well behaved even at that time of the morning.
Now have 6.30 starts, but had to read the riot act to these 2 siblings as they come in squabbling over who's going to choose which cartoon to watch, who's going to sit on which chair etc etc. Had them and Mum in for a chat after the first week and basically told them that my husband often has night call outs, and so does my ds2 and if they couldn't show some respect and behave better then there was no point carrying on for the rest of the 4 week settling in period, they may as well leave straight away. They were quite embarrassed especially as I pointed out that we'd discussed this when they first came to see me. I also have my long suffering neighbours to consider! It's improved, but every now and then I have to take a stand.

tulip0803
15-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I have done 6am starts before but I now my earliest start is 7.30. In Feb I have another 6am starter coming but only one day a week and I charge more for the early start.

skatie
16-10-2013, 12:20 PM
I do 7am start Mon-Fri. Lo is a sweetie and climbs under a blanket to watch a bit of tv with my own two. I do charge double time for 7-8am start. I have had her since April and will have her until July next year. Nice thing is that she is not here in the school hols so I get a teeny bit of a lie in.

funemnx
16-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I have 3 who start at 7 a.m. every day - they can be a bit full on (9yrs, 6yrs & 5yrs) the 9year old girl is more demanding than the 2 boys actucally - wants to do baking and crafts! :panic:

miffy
16-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't start until 8 am - won't answer the door before then so parents don't try to drop off early!

Occasionally I'll start earlier, like tomorrow when parent has a meeting to get to which is two hour drive away so they are dropping child off at 7.30am. Doesn't happen often so I don't mind.

Miffy xx

lizduncan72
16-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Won't start before 8am either-DH has put his foot down in that one!!! Says its bad enough that his house is taken over with toys, equipment and other people's kids, he's not giving up his mornings too!!