PDA

View Full Version : Micralite pushchair

Glitter
13-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Hello, I am trying to plan for the bad weather we are supposed to have this winter.

I have been looking for a second hand pushchair that will be good on snow/slippy surfaces. I am interested in getting a Micralite pushchair as it is lightweght and has big back wheels that would be good on snow.

Micralite pushchairs look rather unusual, and none of the shops have any round here for me to test one. Has anyone else got one and what do you think of them?

loocyloo
13-10-2013, 10:29 AM
a mindee has one and I used it one day when met mum at school and didn't have any others needing to go in buggy.

it was ok to push one handed and I couldn't get it to fold up! I am assured its easy - just need the knack and knowhow! oh, and not sure about rain covers as mindee has a big padded seat/cover/pouch thing and no rain cover!

i'm not sure how it would go in snow, as front wheels are quite small.

I have a maxicosi ( like quinny ) speedi 3 wheeler that has big wheels and is easy enough to push in the snow. ( and an urban detour ( old mothercare brand ) double 3 wheeler )

Glitter
13-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Thank you. I need something really lightweight as my school run has five large steps and a steep hill. Most of the three wheel pushchairs I have tried are very heavy (I am also only 5 foot tall and struggle to find a pushchair with a handle low enough).

If anyone knows of a really lightweight pushchair with big wheels please reccommend them as I am struggling to find one!

lisbet
13-10-2013, 02:38 PM
If anyone knows of a really lightweight pushchair with big wheels please reccommend them as I am struggling to find one!

A Nipper Out n about 360? They are a dream to push, go up steps fine with their big wheels, and the version 2 and 3 have a handle bar that adjusts low enough for my 7yr old to push in comfort.

skatie
16-10-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a micralite fastfold and it is the BEST buggy I have owned and I have had quite a few. I get a lot of comments on how comfortable my lo looks in it although its not suitable under 6 months as it doesn't recline. It doesn't fold properly with a footmuff on. I love the rain cover as it fold into a little bag and yes you can get it back in the bag. It's so easy to push single handedly but the downside is that it tips backwards easily if you have too many bags on the back and take the child out. I've put weights on te front to counteract this. It's easy to fold, it's easy to push on the beach or in the snow but sometimes have to tip it back onto back wheels in a wheelbarrow fashion. I am about to purchase the handlebar extenders and buggy board. My dream would be to buy the micralite twofold, it ingenious!!