PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg

christine e
15-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi
Can anyone out there help me with this? Am I right in thinking that new childminders now have to do their ICP and first aid training prior to registration and are no longer allowed to do this during the first 6 months of registration?

Cx

miffy
15-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Just looked on the NCMA website and it's not clear even in their brochure about becoming a registered childminder.

I had a feeling this comes in from 1 September but I don't know where I got that from :laughing:

Miffy xx

christine e
15-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Just looked on the NCMA website and it's not clear even in their brochure about becoming a registered childminder.

I had a feeling this comes in from 1 September but I don't know where I got that from :laughing:

Miffy xx

Me too. I am sure I have read it somewhere but where I do not know? Hopefully someone out there who is being registered will know the answer or someone else who seems to be in the know. Please, please help me on this one!!!!
Cx

deeb66
15-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Under EYFS (which obviously comes into force 1st September) the ICP and First Aid HAS to be done before a person can become a registered Childminder.

So yes you are right.........

HTH

christine e
15-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks Dee

Cx

miffy
15-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you Dee

Now where did you get that from?

Miffy xx

ajs
15-07-2008, 08:49 PM
while we're on this point a friend of mine wants to register but has been told that she'll need to do some hours on placement before hand
is this right she says it's to with the icp
she has 4 children and is mega pregnant with the 5th so placement won't be easy for her and she won't register if that's the rule

miffy
15-07-2008, 08:53 PM
No idea on that one Mandy - sorry!

There is a leaflet on how to become a childminder on the NCMA website - there might be something in that

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-07-2008, 08:56 PM
This is the wording in the MUST ...

Childminders must have attended a training course within six months of registration and must hold a current paediatric first aid certificate at the point of registration.

and this is the wording in the SHOULD ...

Wherever possible, childminders should have attended a training course prior to or shortly after registration. The training should be approved by the local authority and provide support for childminders in meeting and putting into practice the requirements of the EYFS.

Many Local Authorities are translating this as the childminder must be fully trained before starting ... so it depends on the area, but as you can see, the eyfs is clear that so long as first aid is in place, the childminder can register. :D

christine e
16-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks Sarah,

Cx

miffy
16-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Thank you Sarah

Miffy xx

Pedagog
16-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Better get my first aid for children course booked.

Minstrel
16-07-2008, 08:30 AM
the whole thing seems clear as mud as usual!! dont you just love it when its so easy to understand exactly what they want from us! xx

sarah707
16-07-2008, 09:12 AM
the whole thing seems clear as mud as usual!! dont you just love it when its so easy to understand exactly what they want from us! xx

:laughing: Absolutely!

Annie_T
16-07-2008, 04:57 PM
when i had my inspection few weeeks agon lady told me as of september people wanting to reg as chilminder will have to have passed first aid course before reg accepted .. im not to sure bout the icp bit tho hun sorry

FizzysFriends
16-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I was told about the first aid and the first aid course places are being given to childminders at the moment as priority as there is a long waiting list for them.

Ripeberry
22-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Get your name down for a first aid course asap, as they are like gold dust and although my ICP course finished last week, the only first aid course available is in October now!
Just going to concentrate on getting the garden sorted and some new flooring in the dinning room over the holidays.

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 02:17 PM
def must have the first aid, but the icp is a grey area! I have a friend getting reg who can't get on a course until October anyway:rolleyes: and then her hubby goes away for 4 months in Nov and she has been told they will allow her to do some then carry it on after! so they are trying to help her:eek: :laughing: