PDA

View Full Version : iphone/ipad apps for children

Hayley102
12-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi

I am looking for recommendations for apps to use with all age groups as I have been given an old ipod touch. Looking for spelling & mental maths apps for school children as well as games for all ages.

Thanks

starschildmind
12-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Hello.
I dont know if you can get it on an ipod. I have it on the ipad. But i have a disney princess story telling game.
I know its mainly for girls. But its just brilliant. My daughter loves it. They get to talk into it and create a story, move the figures to help with a visual.

Its really helped my daughter speech and language and i love hearing her storys shes creates

But apart from that one ... i havent really found any suitable ones..... be good to hear what others use :) xx

dominiquegait
12-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I have a few for 6 and under

letter school that helps them write letters properly.

Bugs and Buttons - my son loves this it has mazes, pincer movements to pick up bugs and put into jars. A favourite of my ds

Toca hair, cut, colour and style hair my dd loves it

Cbeebies playtime

Peppa pig happy mrs chicken and peppa pig party apps

Enjoy it what a great present for you

AliceK
12-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Older children love Minecraft :thumbsup:

xxx

scottishlass
12-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Older children love Minecraft :thumbsup: xxx my 11 year old daughter loves this!! Has also just downloaded app iMovie and spend the day making movies with her sister - is fab what they can do with the movie one! Xx

AgentTink
12-10-2013, 08:14 PM
My little girl (4)loves her daddy's ipad. Her favourite app's which are also fantastic for aiding her learning are:

Pocket Phonetics - my daughter who has just started reception aged 4 can recognise, write and say over 20 letters since we got this app in July.
iLearn with Poko by Tribal Nova - great selection of apps to help learn emotions, mixing colours, numbers, weather/seasons, nutrition/healthy eating - I have not yet bought the counting and letters one so cant recommend them yet.

blue bear
12-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Talking kitty repeat s whst you say
Ladybird books - you can record your own voice
Pocket phonics, letter sounds, tracing and spelling
Game of life
Mnecraft
Peppa pig

Bumble Beez
13-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I've currently got on mine...

Younger kids...
IWriteWords by gdiplus
Find the same by Ebenezer school
Letterbox, letter explorers, number explorers and word explorer all by AppStart Learning
Sight words by Gerald Gibson
Pocket Phonics by Apps in my pocket
Paper by FiftyThree

Older kids...
Dinorama by thesixtyone
Pure Math by Stoyan Hristov
Hello Colour Pencil by Raysoft Co
Minecraft by Mojang
Eden by Kingly software
Templerun by Imangi studios

And I've also got Carve-a-Pumpkin by resolute digital for Halloween :)

Sarah x

Hayley102
14-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Thank you for all these suggestions - I think I will enjoy downloading different apps:laughing: Hopefully will help entertain over the wet winter weather:clapping:

Sweetpea
14-10-2013, 03:37 PM
All the Key Stage Fun apps

PixiePetal
14-10-2013, 03:40 PM
I am waiting for mindees parents to have their phonics app up and ready :) will let you know if it is any good !