PDA

View Full Version : medical checks

2lovelygirls
11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi ladies (and gents :) )

just wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have my pre reg meeting next month but the medical check has been worrying me. I am aware that they ask for a full medical history. I have suffered from a type of social anxiety or "stage fright" if you like on and off for a number of years (and taken low dose medication on and off). This is mainly related to my current job (ive been there 6 years) which requires a lot of presentations and public speaking :S - so the anxiety has been directly related to this nature of work....one on one and outside of this work environment I am super confident and chatty (in fact, my close friends outside of work who I have spoken to this about are completely shocked I've had this problem in work). Just wondering whether I should be concerned about this and whether this would stop me being approved?

shortstuff
12-10-2013, 04:35 AM
My understanding is they will only organise the pre reg once everything is complete. Maybe they have accepted what your gp has said and they dont want a full medical? Have they said they will want one then?

2lovelygirls
12-10-2013, 06:45 AM
thanks gail - I mean pre reg briefing (ive not started the process yet - but have been waiting to start for a while but my council only run the courses 3 times a year)

I'm just frightened to start the process, investing time and money if i'll be refused anyway . I've read a lot online about people with PPD being accepted ok but obviously this is slightly different xx

sarah707
13-10-2013, 02:25 PM
It is absolutely ridiculous (in my opinion) that you have to spend money on all the training before something like a health check or DBS disclosure is done! So many people get all the way through only to find that something in their past (or partner's past) trips them up.

I'd suggest you speak to your GP - ask if they will recommend you as a cm when you have finished the course - explain that you are having to do it the wrong way round.

Hopefully they will reassure you. Hugs xx