PDA

View Full Version : Ratios

NinaBowen
11-10-2013, 05:46 PM
If I have some one just sign up for one day a week and then wants an additional day come in the New Year would this be acceptable? It would then mean on a Friday I would have 4 under fives from 8.30 until 3pm. Advice please.

NinaBowen
11-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Should just mention that they have only just started.

blue bear
11-10-2013, 06:21 PM
I have a similar dilemma only it's a family wanting me to have baby in addition to older child, spoke to development worker today, she said her interpretation of the eyfs would be its ok to do, but lots of inspectors are downgrading childminders at inspections where they have increased their numbers due to continuity of care, stating all the needs of the children are not met due to four children being present.
I've decided to say no.

cathtee
11-10-2013, 06:51 PM
you need to look at the ages of the children, how you would cope if you needed to go out with pushchair or car and if you think you can,
then you can give yourself a variation for the one day.

NinaBowen
11-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I can't see it as a problem as I will have 4 children all roughly the same age. One will be almost 3 come January, 2 will be 2 and a half years and the child in question would be 2. So all are capable of walking although I would have 2 of them in a buggy when we went out and about. Car isn't an issue, cause I don't have one. The only issue could be sleeping arrangements as 2 children would need to share a room but they would have separate beds and in actual fact not sure the 3 year old will be having naps by then anyway so even that may not be an issue.

As for being downgraded for the needs of the children not being met, if you do everything that you do for 3 children in care, then surely you are ok?? As long as they are fed, have water, nappy changes, outside play, team play and one on one play and you plan for that child individually, surely the child's needs are being met??

My own son would be going to pre-school in April so although I know he would still be classed as being my responsibility, it would mean that while he wasn't here I would only have 3 children as such in my care which would be no different to how it is normally.

Why does everything have to be so complicated!