PDA

View Full Version : CMs agency website!!!

Simona
11-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I have never seen anything so unprofessional in all my life!!!!!

Why did they not finish it first.........is this what we are meant to join and raise quality???
First Years Childcare // York (http://www.firstyearschildcare.co.uk/#services)

Rick
11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I have never seen anything so unprofessional in all my life!!!!!

Why did they not finish it first.........is this what we are meant to join and raise quality???
First Years Childcare // York (http://www.firstyearschildcare.co.uk/#services)

It is truly awful. Begging people to choose a higher monthly plan. The contact us page takes you to a map of the USA! Lettering which overlaps. What's all that about the whale and the boat?

Sweetpea
11-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Would the newspapers be interested?

Bumble Beez
11-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Wow!!
That is terrible...
Simply from the overall unprofessional look of the site, through to the disjointed links, maps detailing etc...would convince me to stay independent!
And begging for you to subscribe?! No thank you...
I am in disbelief that this has gone live :panic:

Mrsh3103
11-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Wow.... just wow. No other words!

Simona
11-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Would the newspapers be interested?

It was posted by Nursery World and is all over Twitter and described as hilarious!!!

I say STAY OFF AGENCIES!!!

TooEarlyForGin?
11-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Excellent makes them look utterly stupid and incompetent already.

kellyskidz!
11-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Possibly the most stupid site I have ever seen!

Emra81
11-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Somebody somewhere will be in deep doo doo right now as they've published it part way into the building of the site. Surely an accident BUT if they can't even manage to organise a simple website without incident how the hell are they expecting to convince cm's to join! The words p**s up and brewery spring to mind!

hectors house
11-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Ha ha - is it an early April's fool?

Simona
11-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I also managed to read some info ...while the pictures kept bouncing off the screen....that they support nannies and other professionals...NO NO!!
CMs are not the same .....

loocyloo
11-10-2013, 12:38 PM
i'm sure that just now as I looked at it some of it was in latin !!!! and I also saw some german somewhere!

its a joke!

have forwarded it to my early years bod ... as i'm just up the road in North Yorkshire! ( north Yorkshire are not keen on agencies! )

Bambini2
11-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Awesome !!!

shortstuff
11-10-2013, 12:39 PM
i like the opening phrase ' we are delighted to announce we has been'

if they cant get their own grammer right what are they planning to do to help us with our paperwork?

Mouse
11-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Brilliant - that's given me a real laugh :laughing:

I'm guessing it is nowhere near finished & should never have been published (or whatever you do with a website).

We need more like that. What parent in their right mind would sign up with something so unprofessional. They're going to do themselves out of business without us having to lift a finger in opposition :clapping:

Simona
11-10-2013, 12:56 PM
I've sent the link to the new Shadow Minister for EY and Childcare and to Neil Leitch and anyone I can think of!!

Mouse
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I wonder how long it'll be before it's closed down again :rolleyes:

samb
11-10-2013, 01:50 PM
It isn't coming up for me- maybe they have taken it off already?

Simona
11-10-2013, 01:56 PM
It is still available...someone tried to contact them to warn them but not even their phone number works...:clapping:

rickysmiths
11-10-2013, 02:00 PM
I googled because the link above would not work, it is just coming up as an 'untitled document' and I found this:

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Case-study.-First-years.pdf

and this:

Case study: First Years Childcare | Foundation Years (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2013/09/case-study-first-years-childcare/)

and this where they are named in the list of childminder agency trials

Childminder agency pilots named | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1214249/childminder-agency-pilots-named)

I think they are an American Company but they are listed as one of the trail companies.

Simona
11-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I googled because the link above would not work and I found this:

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Case-study.-First-years.pdf

and this:

Case study: First Years Childcare | Foundation Years (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2013/09/case-study-first-years-childcare/)

and this where they are named in the list of childminder agency trials

Childminder agency pilots named | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1214249/childminder-agency-pilots-named)

I like this:
First Years Childcare are in the process of recruiting childminders and developing their website.

I hope no one volunteers and they are a long way off...still under construction I think?

The link may not work from tablets or iPhones..try it on your computer

The Foundation Years website is where all the feedback will be ...keep checking it

rickysmiths
11-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I like this:
First Years Childcare are in the process of recruiting childminders and developing their website.

I hope no one volunteers and they are a long way off...still under construction I think?

The link may not work from tablets or iPhones..try it on your computer

Ha Simona I have a brick of a phone! and I don't have a tablet either I am on my computer and I googled because the link wouldn't work and then tried the web link in the PDF and none of them work for me :(

Simona
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Ha Simona I have a brick of a phone! and I don't have a tablet either I am on my computer and I googled because the link wouldn't work and then tried the web link in the PDF and none of them work for me :(

oh no...I have tried it again and it works...mind you it will save you getting mad but you may miss having a good laugh at their expense!
It does not work on my ipad either...I'll DM you the link...see if that works.

hectors house
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Think they have removed the page now as I forwarded it colleagues in our independent childminding group and have had replies saying it is just a blank page!

Simona
11-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Think they have removed the page now as I forwarded it colleagues in our independent childminding group and have had replies saying it is just a blank page!

I have it open in front of me and have DM RS the link..
Come on we want this to be seen by thousands...or as they say on Twitter...trending!!

Who's brave enough to tweet it to Truss?...I can't because I am still blocked by her!! :angry:

Mouse
11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
It's strange. People are saying the link isn't working, but I can still see it.

It's a shame for any of you that missed it. It was certainly good for a laugh on a wet Friday afternoon!

I particularly love the packages they offer:

£0 - This is what you get For free
Not bad, but could be better

£10 a month- This is a little better
Though
Not the best plan for you!

£25 a month - Honestly, go Premium
We have a lot
of cool features for you!
Really, you will love what you will get
Come on!!
Please!!!

£40 a month - This one is super good
Super awesome
Just the right plan for you
If you are
super pro!
years of sign up

:laughing::laughing:

Mouse
11-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Being serious though, once the site is up & running properly, you can see it being quite attractive to some people :panic:

kellyskidz!
11-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Have they taken it down? It's not coming up anymore, wanted another giggle :littleangel:

Simona
11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Have they taken it down? It's not coming up anymore, wanted another giggle :littleangel:

No it is still there...not possible to access via ipad though
Copy the link and email it to yourself then you can open it anytime on your PC
I can also open it on twitter where I posted it

tulip0803
11-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I've tried to open on 2 browsers, through here and twitter and just come up with blank document BUT I googled them and looked at the cached page and although it isn't perfect I get the gist. Think someone went live too soon!

First Years Childcare // York (http://87.248.112.8/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=first+years+childcare&fr=slv1-bt8&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=first+years+childcare&d=4880986677709549&mkt=en-GB&setlang=en-GB&w=JUT3buqa6narnbjvaIqsDOi3YmTWFZps&icp=1&.intl=uk&sig=SU5doz071bC1DW3k995mmA--)

zippy
11-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Omg, I am speechless and if you knew me in real life you'd know how impossible that is

Simona
11-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Tulip0803...if you follow me on twitter you can open the link in one of my tweets....just tried and it works
or you can find it in my Focus Group under the Agencies thread

tulip0803
11-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Tulip0803...if you follow me on twitter you can open the link in one of my tweets....just tried and it works
or you can find it in my Focus Group under the Agencies thread

Hi Simona I do follow you but still cant open it through your twitter feed or anywhere else no idea why. Have tried with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. All I get is a blank page and "untitled document" as the tab title. Not sure why some people can open and others can't. That's why I tried the cached page when couldn't open the actual web page, same thing "untitled Document" which is why I put the cached page on for those that can't open it as it seems I am not the only one:(.

Simona
11-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Hi Simona I do follow you but still cant open it through your twitter feed or anywhere else no idea why. Have tried with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. All I get is a blank page and "untitled document" as the tab title. Not sure why some people can open and others can't. That's why I tried the cached page when couldn't open the actual web page, same thing "untitled Document" which is why I put the cached page on for those that can't open it as it seems I am not the only one:(.

DM on the way to you

primula
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I've tried to open on 2 browsers, through here and twitter and just come up with blank document BUT I googled them and looked at the cached page and although it isn't perfect I get the gist. Think someone went live too soon!

First Years Childcare // York (http://87.248.112.8/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=first+years+childcare&fr=slv1-bt8&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=first+years+childcare&d=4880986677709549&mkt=en-GB&setlang=en-GB&w=JUT3buqa6narnbjvaIqsDOi3YmTWFZps&icp=1&.intl=uk&sig=SU5doz071bC1DW3k995mmA--)

Thanks was able to view via your link,otherwise it was coming up blank for me! No idea what on earth it is at about at all??

Simona
12-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks was able to view via your link,otherwise it was coming up blank for me! No idea what on earth it is at about at all??

Oh...the joys of IT...I am able to open all my links so not sure why
The website is still there this morning...can't understand why some cannot open it??

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it gets updated
Anyone from York here aware of what they are up to? are they asking for volunteers?
who runs the company and what expertise do they have in terms of childminding practice?
what does your LA think of them or are they the LA itself trialling agencies?

loocyloo
12-10-2013, 08:44 AM
:eek: my do though it looked impressive! not sure what she was looking at !!!! maybe she liked the latin! I replied and said I didn't and I WOULD not be paying/joining etc !!!!

Simona
12-10-2013, 08:51 AM
:eek: my do though it looked impressive! not sure what she was looking at !!!! maybe she liked the latin! I replied and said I didn't and I WOULD not be paying/joining etc !!!!

Did she like it because she is part of it?
First Years Childcare is amongst the 20 chosen ..are they the LA or an independent company?
how will your LA match the support package that the agency offers to cms to support independent cms?

loocyloo
12-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Did she like it because she is part of it?
First Years Childcare is amongst the 20 chosen ..are they the LA or an independent company?
how will your LA match the support package that the agency offers to cms to support independent cms?

as far as I know she is not involved ...
as far as I know first years childcare is independent ...

BUT, I am not in the York district. ( I am north Yorkshire ) and I don't know any childminders from York. just googled them and nothing came up ... except a facebook link, which as i'm not on facebook I couldn't see!

I also forwarded link to my early years bod, so will see what she says/comes back with? my link isn't now working so hope she can see it.

x
( DO is lovely, and would do anything for anyone ... but doesn't always have her eye on what is really going on! :rolleyes: )

Simona
12-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Thank you for sharing that Loocyloo
What I am trying to find out is how those LAs who are against agencies will support cms in future

Their duty now is to support any cms with a satisfactory or inadequate grade...even Truss confirmed that recently... but those with higher grades have to fend for themselves

I know that we still have the question of LAs doing things differently but my concern is that independent cms are being put at a disadvantage if we have no support compared to that offered to those who join an agency?
does it make sense?

I will continue asking that question until someone comes back with an answer...it maybe a matter of going outside of the LA to flag this up.

singingcactus
13-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Doesn't work for me either. Will try on another device later maybe.

Simona
13-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Doesn't work for me either. Will try on another device later maybe.

The link is now not working anymore...they have finally got to it....al you get is a blank screen
Follow any developments on the Foundation Years website

singingcactus
13-10-2013, 10:57 AM
The link is now not working anymore...they have finally got to it....al you get is a blank screen
Follow any developments on the Foundation Years website

Bah, needed something to make me laugh today :(

SammySplodger
13-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Glad you all found it on here too - we had quite a lot of posts about it on FB on Friday.
:-)

If they can't get something as basic as not launching a website before its finished right, it doesn't bode well, does it?

The begging text on the fees page was truly dreadful. What on earth were they thinking?!

The other thing that became clear is that the FB group definitely has agency 'spies'.

Simona
13-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Glad you all found it on here too - we had quite a lot of posts about it on FB on Friday.

If they can't get something as basic as not launching a website before its finished right, it doesn't bode well, does it?

The begging text on the fees page was truly dreadful. What on earth were they thinking?!

The other thing that became clear is that the FB group definitely has agency 'spies'.

And what are the 'spies' spying about and ...more important...who are they feeding back to?
Intriguing! but it just shows the power of the medium like Twitter and FB...things spread and info is shared quickly for the benefit of all!!

SammySplodger
13-10-2013, 04:23 PM
My guess is that they are hunting for USPs / angles to make offers to hook us in, finding out which buttons to press and looking at how we are reacting. I could not care less if they are - I make my position crystal clear! ;-)

Just posted this question on various FB groups, but thought it appropriate to ask here too:

Bearing in mind that Agency trials are now underway and we know who the chosen 20 are, I think it would be really useful to know who the others were who were not chosen. I am suspicious that those others might be busy preparing in the background... Setting up other membership / free info sites to reel us in on?

Personally very cautious of joining anything at the moment unless I'm 100% sure they have no agency affiliation or plans to launch one in future. Any idea where or how I find this out?

Simona
13-10-2013, 05:09 PM
My guess is that they are hunting for USPs / angles to make offers to hook us in, finding out which buttons to press and looking at how we are reacting. I could not care less if they are - I make my position crystal clear! ;-)

Just posted this question on various FB groups, but thought it appropriate to ask here too:

Bearing in mind that Agency trials are now underway and we know who the chosen 20 are, I think it would be really useful to know who the others were who were not chosen. I am suspicious that those others might be busy preparing in the background... Setting up other membership / free info sites to reel us in on?

Personally very cautious of joining anything at the moment unless I'm 100% sure they have no agency affiliation or plans to launch one in future. Any idea where or how I find this out?

As Truss said herself there were around 100 interested but the reason why their names were not divulged because they asked to remain anonymous...she was asked in Parliament and refused to say who they were on confidentiality grounds so I doubt we will get to know who they were

My LA applied ...they were refused but informed us they have asked the DfE to keep them 'in the loop' so that means they are interested in future
We also know the DfE needed various models and we can see that is true with those trialling...10 LAs were chosen out of 20 so they will more or less have a similar model possibly based on a network....the other 10 are a variety
So the rest, 80 of them, will be sitting and waiting and looking at the feedback while constantly improving their model...not spies really just listening to cms and possibly taking into account anything they say on FB

So those spies on FB were looking for USP? I feel it should be the other way round...they should give us their USP and convince us that agencies are best?
they don't even have an inspection framework to go by, what are their Terms and Conditions for joining their agency?
what are the costs to cms?
how will they lower the cost to parents?
what is their expertise?
how much does it cost to deliver the comprehensive package of benefits to cms?

until they get inspected how do we know what their grade will be? how many outstanding cms would risk their grade for the unknown??

As an independent cm the only thing I personally need is to look at joining groups with independent trainers and consultants who I can go to and fill the gaps left by LAs and who will offer me training, meetings, CPD and much more that can match that on offer to agency cms....plenty out there very willing and no need to be suspicious of them either.

I would not rush into anything at the moment and wait for those cms volunteering to report back on their experience...we are waiting.

SammySplodger
13-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Someone on another FB group sent me a link to a FOI request for the Agencies. Here it is:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/childminder_agencies_expressions

Personally I'm now very suspicious of any new websites or FB groups for CMs and looking carefully at who us behind them.

The Juggler
13-10-2013, 09:05 PM
i like the opening phrase ' we are delighted to announce we has been'

if they cant get their own grammer right what are they planning to do to help us with our paperwork?

or help us to provide a better quality provision for children in our care!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocking just shocking :panic::panic:

Simona
13-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Someone on another FB group sent me a link to a FOI request for the Agencies. Here it is:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/childminder_agencies_expressions

Personally I'm now very suspicious of any new websites or FB groups for CMs and looking carefully at who us behind them.

That confirms what I posted before Sammy....that link is very old and in the public domain...the DfE were keeping the names from being disclosed due to confidentiality... we know that!!
You have the 20 names now so not sure what you are saying by being suspicious of every group on FB or any website?

how many FB groups do you belong to and how much credit do you give FB?
FB is not a reliable source of information...follow the real events in what are open forums and public information

rickysmiths
14-10-2013, 07:13 AM
No it is still there...not possible to access via ipad though
Copy the link and email it to yourself then you can open it anytime on your PC
I can also open it on twitter where I posted it

It still won't open on my PC :(

rickysmiths
14-10-2013, 07:19 AM

Thanks for that I can see it now!!!

SammySplodger
14-10-2013, 07:32 AM
That confirms what I posted before Sammy....that link is very old and in the public domain...the DfE were keeping the names from being disclosed due to confidentiality... we know that!!
You have the 20 names now so not sure what you are saying by being suspicious of every group on FB or any website?

how many FB groups do you belong to and how much credit do you give FB?
FB is not a reliable source of information...follow the real events in what are open forums and public information

I disagree. Many companies use FB to promote themselves.

There are others who were not chosen who are now setting up 'freebie' information and/or listings sites and FB groups for us to sign up to. Then, when/if Agencies start they already have our details to try to reel us in. There is already one very suspicious looking example of this happening.

So: beware of anything looking too good to be true. Ask yourself: are they offering something a bit over-generous? How do they make money from the site/group? Who is funding it?

rickysmiths
14-10-2013, 07:53 AM
As Truss said herself there were around 100 interested but the reason why their names were not divulged because they asked to remain anonymous...she was asked in Parliament and refused to say who they were on confidentiality grounds so I doubt we will get to know who they were

My LA applied ...they were refused but informed us they have asked the DfE to keep them 'in the loop' so that means they are interested in future
We also know the DfE needed various models and we can see that is true with those trialling...10 LAs were chosen out of 20 so they will more or less have a similar model possibly based on a network....the other 10 are a variety
So the rest, 80 of them, will be sitting and waiting and looking at the feedback while constantly improving their model...not spies really just listening to cms and possibly taking into account anything they say on FB

So those spies on FB were looking for USP? I feel it should be the other way round...they should give us their USP and convince us that agencies are best?
they don't even have an inspection framework to go by, what are their Terms and Conditions for joining their agency?
what are the costs to cms?
how will they lower the cost to parents?
what is their expertise?
how much does it cost to deliver the comprehensive package of benefits to cms?

until they get inspected how do we know what their grade will be? how many outstanding cms would risk their grade for the unknown??

As an independent cm the only thing I personally need is to look at joining groups with independent trainers and consultants who I can go to and fill the gaps left by LAs and who will offer me training, meetings, CPD and much more that can match that on offer to agency cms....plenty out there very willing and no need to be suspicious of them either.

I would not rush into anything at the moment and wait for those cms volunteering to report back on their experience...we are waiting.

Perhaps a Freedom of Information request?

Simona
14-10-2013, 07:57 AM
I disagree. Many companies use FB to promote themselves.

There are others who were not chosen who are now setting up 'freebie' information and/or listings sites and FB groups for us to sign up to. Then, when/if Agencies start they already have our details to try to reel us in. There is already one very suspicious looking example of this happening.

So: beware of anything looking too good to be true. Ask yourself: are they offering something a bit over-generous? How do they make money from the site/group? Who is funding it?

I am not sure where you get this information from? ...yesterday you wanted to know the names of the 80 not chosen now you are saying they are setting up 'freebie' information and try to 'reel us in'...who is?
why did you ask us in the forum to help you with your question if you have spotted them on the various pages you are on FB?
is this truth or gossip or assumption?
very confusing...I am happy to read info shared from FB but this is not helpful...not one bit.

Having to be careful of everything and be aware of 'anything looking too good' is just going to scare cms even more but then there will be no discussion here to reassure them because everything is being discussed on FB and you seem to dip in and out of it to give us morsels of what is far from useful information...sorry Sammy but this has really worried me.

No I am not on FB and many will probably want to have a go for criticising it ....I have read a few discussions that go on there and it has put me off but I am sure some CMs use it properly and professionally.

What has happened about the fighting spirit and determination to remain independent?...if you read my reply below you will find what is needed to remain sustainable and match the support agency cms will have....you do not have to believe me but can check for yourself

That is what we should be spreading...positive messages and constructive advice ....there are other ways to discuss this in a professional and constructive manner and certainly FB is not the medium where all happens.

Rickysmiths...if you are talking about the link to the agency it is not possible to open it anymore...they have been told and the link removed.

SammySplodger
14-10-2013, 08:40 AM
I am not sure where you get this information from? ...yesterday you wanted to know the names of the 80 not chosen now you are saying they are setting up 'freebie' information and try to 'reel us in'...who is?
SS:
I am not able to say this on here. Have discussed with a Mod already.

why did you ask us in the forum to help you with your question if you have spotted them on the various pages you are on FB?
SS:
I asked the question and then there were further developments and it became a little clearer what is going on. At the point I asked the question this was not clear.

is this truth or gossip or assumption?
Wish I knew that myself, but I know enough truth to realise that we need to be careful and check out anything new.
very confusing...I am happy to read info shared from FB but this is not helpful...not one bit.
SS:
What?! Not helpful to try to alert my colleagues that there is something going on?!

Having to be careful of everything and be aware of 'anything looking too good' is just going to scare cms even more but then there will be no discussion here to reassure them because everything is being discussed on FB and you seem to dip in and out of it to give us morsels of what is far from useful information...sorry Sammy but this has really worried me.
SS:
See above - I am trying to HELP!

No I am not on FB and many will probably want to have a go for criticising it ....I have read a few discussions that go on there and it has put me off but I am sure some CMs use it properly and professionally.
SS:
Yes many do use it properly and professionally and if you aren't on there I don't think you can justify making the comment above.

What has happened about the fighting spirit and determination to remain independent?...
SS:
Absolutely still here - and that us why I am trying to warn people. More determined than ever.

if you read my reply below you will find what is needed to remain sustainable and match the support agency cms will have....you do not have to believe me but can check for yourself
That is what we should be spreading...positive messages and constructive advice ....there are other ways to discuss this in a professional and constructive manner and certainly FB is not the medium where all happens.
SS:
No but a lot DOES happen on FB and it's folly to disregard it. I look at many sources of info to get a rounded view.

Rickysmiths...if you are talking about the link to the agency it is not possible to open it anymore...they have been told and the link removed.

See my responses above.
I'm sure that there are other members who appreciate what I was trying to do and say.

Simona
14-10-2013, 09:54 AM
See my responses above.
I'm sure that there are other members who appreciate what I was trying to do and say.

Thank you Sammy for that clarification
I am not an expert on FB and that is why I asked the questions...I do not wish to be confused ...not that I am....and tend to disregard whatever may be going on unless it can be verified but as you say you are unable to provide any more details.

In the meantime a lot is happening outside of FB to ensure independent cms get the support they need in future

AgentTink
21-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Nursery World article today gave a bit of further information about the owner of First Years Childcare...
Concern over agency models as pilots start off | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1216953/concern-agency-models-pilots-start-off?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate&bulletin=nursery-world-update-bulletin)

They give her name as Natalie Bishop, and she is a registered childminder. After a bit of digging i have found that she is a very recently registered childminder (Sept 13), and runs childminding business called Teepee Childminding.

She does appear to have had a few different business ventures through the past few years most notably Imaginative Childcare Agency which according to face books description:
"We provide qualified high quality • Nannies & Mothers help •Babysitting services• Wedding and event crèches •Relief cover for nurseries •Children’s Parties
We also supply parties in a box and activity sets for parties across the uk."

So I suspect the fact that she has worked with Nannies and provided a service to local parents (based on £11 per hour fee) is the reason she has been chosen to pilot a childminding agency.

Natalie has also ran a nursery originally called Bluebells Day Nursery, and the name changed to Imaginative Montessori Nursery. The nursery is no longer currently operating.

I will be watching closely to see how her price structure works, what she feels childminders need in terms of support that isnt already available, what aspects if the agency she is trialling, and how she will find the time to support fellow childminders whilst being a full time childminder herself.

My main concern right now is she is members of a few different groups on facebook but has of yet not came forward as first years childcare.

Mouse
21-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Very interesting Agent T.

I wonder if she has registered as a childminder purely so she can say she is 'one of us' :rolleyes:

Mouse
21-10-2013, 03:58 PM
She's 'liked' some very familiar pages on Facebook, hasn't she?

I wonder if she's a member on here?

SammySplodger
21-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Nursery World article today gave a bit of further information about the owner of First Years Childcare...
Concern over agency models as pilots start off | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1216953/concern-agency-models-pilots-start-off?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate&bulletin=nursery-world-update-bulletin)

They give her name as Natalie Bishop, and she is a registered childminder. After a bit of digging i have found that she is a very recently registered childminder (Sept 13), and runs childminding business called Teepee Childminding.

She does appear to have had a few different business ventures through the past few years most notably Imaginative Childcare Agency which according to face books description:
"We provide qualified high quality • Nannies & Mothers help •Babysitting services• Wedding and event crèches •Relief cover for nurseries •Children’s Parties
We also supply parties in a box and activity sets for parties across the uk."

So I suspect the fact that she has worked with Nannies and provided a service to local parents (based on £11 per hour fee) is the reason she has been chosen to pilot a childminding agency.

Natalie has also ran a nursery originally called Bluebells Day Nursery, and the name changed to Imaginative Montessori Nursery. The nursery is no longer currently operating.

I will be watching closely to see how her price structure works, what she feels childminders need in terms of support that isnt already available, what aspects if the agency she is trialling, and how she will find the time to support fellow childminders whilst being a full time childminder herself.

My main concern right now is she is members of a few different groups on facebook but has of yet not came forward as first years childcare.

Not called 'Agent' Tink for nuffink, are you?!
Very interesting...