PDA

View Full Version : advertising

ja-lula-belli
10-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I was just wondering if it was OK to advertise in your own home window? Or is it a bad idea to let people know your childminding in that specific house? Your thoughts are much appreciated

Rick
10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
The more people who know who you are the better. My friend put a big Vistaprint sign on her gate. Someone on the other side of the road saw it and knocked the door!

MessybutHappy
10-10-2013, 08:02 PM
We live in nosey neighbour street! Reckon they all know I'm a childminder, curtains twitch every time we leave! It's usually noisy too!!
That and the pictures in the windows, the magnetic sign on my car...nope, it's too late too hide it now!!!

Go for it, shout it to the world!

ja-lula-belli
10-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Lol thanks for your comments. Great news

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Emra81
10-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Where I am I'm allowed up to 6 kids without planning permission but one of the stipulations is that I can't put up any signage around the house. Might be worth double checking just to be sure...x

ja-lula-belli
11-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Really? Where abouts are you? Who is it that has enforced that rule?

Emra81
11-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm in Milton Keynes, it's the council planning department's rule. I can kind of understand it; I guess their logic is that if I have less than 6 kids in any 24 hour period it can still justify being considered a residential property so advertising goes against that hence not allowing it....?

ja-lula-belli
11-10-2013, 05:58 PM
That's interesting my council have the same thing with planning permission. Where abouts do you think I could find the terms and conditions?

Emra81
11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I just emailed the council to double check about planning permission and they emailed back with confirmation that I didn't need permission as long as I stuck to the list of criteria they gave, no advertising on the house being one of them. I guess just get in touch and see what they come back with...

ja-lula-belli
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
OK great Thanks for your reply. X