PDA

View Full Version : Bottles???

littleDs31
10-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Have a 7mth old starting in a couple of wks. She still has an afternoon bottle. Is it ok to ask parent to provide bottle as I don't have any (all my other Los have been two). I feel bad as she is already providing nappies and lunch. What the norm, where bottles are concerned?

Mrsh3103
10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Don't feel bad about asking her to provide these things for her child.
I do provide food but everything else is provided by the parents. Nappies, wipes, nappy sacks. I ask for them to send a drinks bottle with a sports cap for their child too.

With bottles I doubt it has even crossed her mind that you might provide them. She will more than likely be expecting to have to provide these.

kime
10-10-2013, 03:43 PM
A nine month old started with me not long ago & has at least one bottle here a day. Mum got a self sterilizing one to keep here & a cup & milk so can just use as and when. She also provides nappies & wipes. I only provide lunch.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a bottle to be provided :-)

Lottie
10-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Of course it's ok to ask parent to provide bottle. When I look after babies, the parents provide everything, including food. I think most minders do the same.

greanan
10-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I provide meals and snacks but only once they start eating proper food. Babies bring food, bottles etc with them x

shortstuff
10-10-2013, 04:12 PM
I have one having his first settle with me next week. Mum is happy to provide everything as LO has a lactose intolerance. It is a safeguard for them as much as you. Mum will know the bottle has been sterilised following her usual routine. Im sure she wont mind.

SYLVIA
10-10-2013, 06:11 PM
As already said, I ask parents to provide everything until LO's eat same food as the others

funemnx
10-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Parents have always provided bottles here too :thumbsup:

AliceK
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I provide meals and snacks but only once they start eating proper food. Babies bring food, bottles etc with them x

Same here :thumbsup:

xxx

lizduncan72
10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
As already said, I ask parents to provide everything until LO's eat same food as the others

Here too x

Velleity
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
My parent supplies sterilised bottles each day. I use them, give them a rinse out and then she washes and re-sterilises at home :)

starlight1
10-10-2013, 08:46 PM
My baby I had from 6 weeks..mum provided bottles and milk and I steralised them. Once she went down to one bottle a day mum just sent me a bottle a day...now she is bottles morning and night.

Baby 3 hours a week, brings bottle and milk on the day

New baby will be 5 mths old starts December... is brining some self steralising bottle too..
New baby mum uses reuseable nappies but is brining pack of disposable for me

littleDs31
11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all your replies. I feel much less guilty asking mum now :)