PDA

View Full Version : Chicken pox

linzi133
10-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I have chicken pox!!! And I'm in a weeks holiday!!!

Gutted doesn't even cover it!

And yes I've had them before!!! Gutted!!

cathtee
10-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh no!! bad enough to get it a second time but to be unwell while on holiday aswell, hope you make a speedy reovery x

Koala
10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
That's :censored: , :censored: and even more :censored:

What can you do?? I hope you feel better soon. :thumbsup:

unalindura77
10-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Major bummer...:panic:

Get well soon

linzi133
10-10-2013, 02:10 PM
It's a major bummer! I had the week off as my sister was visiting from Oz... Needless to say I've not been able to do anything with her!

And I'm very itchy!!!!!

Lottie
10-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh that's horrible, poor you! I hope you feel better soon.

linzi133
10-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Right now I could shred my skin off with a blunt knife! It is soo painfully itchy..... And everything anyone recommends does not work!! Honest! Poor kids when they get it... I'm going batty trying to resist the urge to scratch but it feels soo good!!!!!

clareelizabeth1
10-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Poor you I don't know if it works for chicken pox but it does work when I get meagrely bad and itchy eczema.

Mix olive oil and turmeric together to form a paste. Rub it all over and leave for five minutes. Then wash it all off.

This will stain things so once on do not leave the bath room. I now do this while standing in the bath reading a book a pain in the bum but so worth it.

linzi133
11-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Aqueous calamine made me 100 times worse last night. It was great initially then an hour later it felt like my skin was on fire! Once I washed it off I was much better. Oh the joys. I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy!

k1rstie
11-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Oh dear, where do you have it?

I was recommended rhus tox by a pharmacist who was into herbal remedies for my daughter. You must not touch the tablets, but tip them into the cap and then into your mouth!

My oldest liked medicated talc, the old fashioned one in the blue and white tin. I think it's strange to put wet lotion onto wet chicken pox. The talc dried up the marks, and was soothing.

jackie 7
11-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Vira sooth was made for chicken pox. Try a cool bath with bicarbonate of soda in it. I have used a paste on insect bites and it helped. T b h at night nothing helps. Is it in your hair? It is just horrid when you are an adult. I feel for you now I have to stop scratching my head in sympathy.

dominiquegait
11-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi have you tried antihistamine like pirotin to help with the itching?

Hope it gets better soon xx

Becci26
11-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Porridge oats!! Soaked in a sock and rubbed over the skin works wonders!

A parent told me about it and have recommended it to all parents when there little ones have had the pox, they've all said how good it was.

I used it when I had a hives flare up on my face earlier in the year, it was the only thing that stopped the itching

Hope u feel better soon x

vickylou
11-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I feel for you I got the pox when I was pregnant with my first, and because I was pregnant couldn't use anything other than the oatmeal which I found disgusting!! And the smell was hideous, try antihistamine it's supposed to really help, I don't think calamine helps because as it dries it makes it itchier!!!

shortstuff
11-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I used virasoothe for ds and he said the itching went away x keep it in the fridge n its even better x

If this and the other suggestions dont work I use lavender essential oil mixed in a carrier oil which helps prevent scarring too as it helps the skin to heal x

teacakepenguin
11-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Rhus tox is great, and I agree with porridge oats. I use the foot off an old pair of tights or a pop sock, get a handful of oats inside it and do it up, then get in the bath with it in there with you. After a few minutes it releases a lot of milky white stuff, make sure you cover yourself with it, it's fab and really helps with the itching.

Hope you are better soon
Jx

linzi133
11-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm off for a bath with oats!

primula
11-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Hope you feel better very soon. Did the oats work for you? Lots of interesting advice! Sending a big hug.x

linzi133
12-10-2013, 07:27 AM
I think they may have helped! I didn't scratch as mush through the night!!