PDA

View Full Version : how many toys do you have out each day?

Npg1
10-10-2013, 09:45 AM
I need help organising my toys. The children get them all out and spread them around the carpet. Should I limit the amount I get out and what is enough? I tend to have 2 under 2s a day and occasionally a 11mth old.

dette
10-10-2013, 10:02 AM
a lot of mine are all in storage units from ikea,they self select but if they get a bit too much out I just tidy up as we go along.i find once its spread out they don't play with it anymore,i have a large selection to ensure my continuous provision covers all areas so I couldn't really put any of it away.i have a similar age group as you today (7mnth crawling everywhere and pulling herself up and 17month non walker and 20mnth) they just like to potter about and explore the different boxes but don't really help with the tidying up !!!

Npg1
10-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Ok thanks. I dont have space for self selection shelving units but I do have a shelf that I could put boxes on for them to choose? I tend to get a few things out and change it around everyday.

hectors house
10-10-2013, 11:02 AM
I get a few toys out each days (could be duplo, books, puzzles) and then children choose from photographs which toy boxes they want me to fetch from the garage toy storage - they generally choose 2 boxes or activities each but I may not get them all out at same time, some get swapped after lunch.