PDA

View Full Version : Would love to find a TTO child, where can I find one?

unalindura77
10-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Having a term time only child would be a dream for me, it would complete really nicely my little combo.

I have been on the usual site we all go to...but they're not very easy to come by.

Anywhere else I could try?

Do any of you have TTO? Is it great when you have children of your own? I imagine so....

fionamal
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
All my kids are Term Time Only, as much as its nice to have ME time with my own 2 its a long time over the summer with no money coming in.

As all mine are teachers I don't charge a retainer during the holidays but they do pay a slightly higher rate, I know I should keep some money aside for holidays to cover myself but its never worked that way

dette
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
put a poster up in staff room at local schools and colleges.ive got 2 LO using care to learn.one of the parents is at school and one at college.

MessybutHappy
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Sorry, but my first answer was "aisle 26, next to the......" oops!

Seriously, any further education colleges etc - especially their nurseries - if they're over subrscribed, they might be prepared to pass out your cards?

unalindura77
10-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Messybuthappy- brilliant!:laughing:

Thanks for the idea's I'll definitely do these!

unalindura77
10-10-2013, 11:15 AM
fionamal - Oh I feel your pain there, I just went through a summer with no money and it was AWFUL

I would have some children I still work with during the holidays on a part time basis to help me out!

The Juggler
10-10-2013, 08:53 PM
advertise on websites with a HUGE heading asking 'are you looking for term-time care and DON'T want to pay a retainer fee'. Also if you have links with the school mention to the office staff that you are looking to work tto.

That's how I started doing mostly termtime. I never quite made it to completely TTO but managed to only have a couple of children on 2 days per week.

I ended up with mostly teachers and school staff.

starlight1
10-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I have a full time TTO..she started when mum was in last year of sixth form and has kept me now she has gone to college.
I have worked some holidays not others ..worked 4 hours a week this summer with one child, barley paid for anything was so glad to get paid spetember

karen m
11-10-2013, 06:20 AM
I haves mixture of both and a couple of ad hoc like someone else I know I should put money away but never do always see something the kids would like

unalindura77
11-10-2013, 06:28 AM
I haves mixture of both and a couple of ad hoc like someone else I know I should put money away but never do always see something the kids would like

Lots of food for thought there....will think about it, found 2 on one site coming to see me next week yay!

Thanks guys, good to see the good points and bad points about it...