PDA

View Full Version : What meal/snack do you have for lunch?

Angela234
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi I could do with some ideas for lunches until now I have only been supplying for the grandchildren and mindee's bring their own all the children are becoming aware there all eating different so parents are happy for me to supply lunches now.
One won't eat beef so out goes Spag bol, cottage pie, beef stew on 3 days a week
I won't have a cooked dinner every day
Would love some ideas I do have a couple fussy eaters.
Thanks

greanan
09-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I normally do a cold lunch with lots of bits. Bits of wrap, sandwich, crackers, crumpets, bagel, fruit, veg sticks and dip, yoghurt etc

smurfette
09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
I did cheese on toast this week for first time (just never occurred to me before!) had four mindees and they scoffed it! (All under 4)

Usually it's pasta and tomato sauce and cheese,
Scrambled egg, beans and toast, sandwiches or fish fingers, sausage rolls. Toasties or maybe soup

Don't do hot lunch unless some left over from ours. May or may not go down well. Can't get them to eat roast dinners at mo, but they will eat spag Bol or lasagne

smurfette
09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi I could do with some ideas for lunches until now I have only been supplying for the grandchildren and mindee's bring their own all the children are becoming aware there all eating different so parents are happy for me to supply lunches now.
One won't eat beef so out goes Spag bol, cottage pie, beef stew on 3 days a week
Thanks

Could u use turkey lamb or pork mince or quorn instead?

Angela234
10-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Could u use turkey lamb or pork mince or quorn instead?

Yes I thought about that and maybe keep trying the beef parents don't eat beef they have tried her with it so don't mind her eating beef .
Like the other ideas
Do you only do homemade soups or tin as well?

smurfette
10-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Yes I thought about that and maybe keep trying the beef parents don't eat beef they have tried her with it so don't mind her eating beef .
Like the other ideas
Do you only do homemade soups or tin as well?

Ah no Tins or packets sometimes ready made like the tesco finest ones.

Tealady
10-10-2013, 09:03 AM
I do homemade soups too but the Children's fave is good old Cream of Tomato. I have discovered Heinz do a reduced salt version so I will sometimes serve that.

lilac_dragon
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks

Haven't supplied food other than fresh fruit for 20 years due to the above reasons!
Your Cottage Pie and my Cottage Pie probably taste different although they're both Cottage Pie - had one that said it didn't taste like Mum's so wouldn't eat it. Understood and accepted his reasoning so made the decision that if they bring from home then there's no reason other than feeling ill to refuse it. It works.
I have a Policy re Healthy Eating in place for the parents not to send things like fizzy drinks, chocolate, sweets etc also Peanut butter as one is allergic, all know this and check things thoroughly.