PDA

View Full Version : what can I do with my space?

Npg1
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Im looking for ideas. At the momwnt I have toys on the floor, natural resouces and books etc and some toys on window sill. How else could I use this space?

Npg1
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Sorry pic wrong way round

S Stars
09-10-2013, 09:21 PM
How about role play? Xx

Mouse
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
It would make a perfect cosy area - a nice rug, cushions, fairy lights along the windowsill, a basket of books or tactile objects. I'd want to sit there!

hectors house
10-10-2013, 07:57 AM
It would make a perfect cosy area - a nice rug, cushions, fairy lights along the windowsill, a basket of books or tactile objects. I'd want to sit there!

I have put a spare single quilt in a colourful cover on the floor of my cozy book corner and a couple of cushions, it has a book box on floor and small book shelf by the wall, I moved a coffee table out from the wall 90 degrees to make it more enclosed and now they use it as a quiet area, library or book shop or for any other kind of role play. I was worried I would have more bumps by moving the coffee table but so far so good!

Mouse
10-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I have put a spare single quilt in a colourful cover on the floor of my cozy book corner and a couple of cushions, it has a book box on floor and small book shelf by the wall, I moved a coffee table out from the wall 90 degrees to make it more enclosed and now they use it as a quiet area, library or book shop or for any other kind of role play. I was worried I would have more bumps by moving the coffee table but so far so good!

I have an unused corner that the children have taken over. It wasn't really used for anything, but I noticed they'd started taking toys & cushions there and making it their own den. It's slightly hidden away and they love having their 'private' space. I've put blankets & pillows there and they love it. I like the idea of a quilt on the floor :thumbsup:

Cinnamon Sugar
10-10-2013, 08:19 AM

I think this would be a perfect reading/cosy area too, with a bean bag or squashy duvet and cushions.
IKEA have a lovely blue canopy which looks a bit like a circus tent that you could maybe attach to your window to enclose the space a bit more, might make it a bit dark though.
Love the idea of fairy lights, ooh or and maybe some letter or number bunting :-)

Npg1
10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Im stuck with how to use my spaces at the mo and dont like all the toys out all the time. Heres some more pix of other areas which I need help with.

The last picture is of my hallway and theres a nice space there which is opposite my kitchen.

jadavi
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
I often put up a wigwam or indoor tent in these sorts of spaces.
Wigwam made with 5 long tubes from recycle shop tied with elastic and cloth thrown over
Also soft play cushions for throwing themselves around with a loose parachute could be fun here.