PDA

View Full Version : E Truss answers questions in Nursery World

Simona
09-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Nothing we did not know before but a couple of statements stick out for me

Truss says:

''Childminder agencies will also reduce the administrative burdens faced by individual childminders, cut duplication, and will be cost effective, with the freedom to share resources. This will help drive down costs for parents''[/B]

I feel that that remains to be seen as I am sure agencies...most LAs ...will produce the same paperwork many cms have complained about before which was duplication and additional burden

Truss says:

Agencies will also be inspected by Ofsted. Indeed, under the existing Ofsted inspection framework, a childminder might only receive a visit once every three or four year. Agencies will have much more contact with childminders – including regular home visits and additional contact time.

I am confused...Is she saying those who remain independent will be at a disadvantage because we get inspected every 3-4 years while agency cms have a package of support that is better?
But she adds ''We are clear it is the role of Ofsted to inspect and make judgements'' ...so Ofsted is the better judge or not?

As I have always said we need to ensure that no barriers are put in our way and we are not at a disadvantage....so we need to find support equal to agency cms

See what you think
Exclusive: Ask the Minister | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1215619/exclusive-ask-minister)

VeggieSausage
09-10-2013, 07:21 PM
My question was asked and not answered!

FloraDora
09-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Thought:

If an agency is inspected and judged inadequate. - will the childminders attached to that agency also have the same grading?!!

Simona
09-10-2013, 08:00 PM
My question was asked and not answered!

I think that is called 'selective hearing' ?

Yes Flora Dora...whatever grade the agency gets it is reflected on those who join...so if you become a member and put your registration certificate in the agency 'in tray' you say good bye to your grade... unless...the amendements for the C&F Bill go through and cms retain their registration and inspection???

Of course those cms who join and were inadequate or satisfactory will gain if the agency gets an 'outstanding'...that blows away the 'Truss myth' that parents can be reassured of the cms quality!!!

Simona
10-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Truss was due to attend the 4Children conference in London today but news has just come out she has pulled out!!
This is the 2nd conference where she pulls out at the last minute in the space of 2 weeks...what is going on?

Hope to get feedback

jackie 7
10-10-2013, 03:43 PM
E T is running scared. She might have to answer the question she is asked.

Simona
10-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Feedback says she was replaced by a civil servant but debate got heated and she was a bit out of her depth....and no reason given for Truss not attending either!