PDA

View Full Version : Do you let children play upstairs?

buzzy bee
09-10-2013, 02:06 PM
My 4 yr old ds wants to play in in his room a lot and wants mindees (3/4) to play up there with him... is this ok? The room was included in my ofsted cos I use it for naps.

kellyskidz!
09-10-2013, 02:11 PM
My 5yo takes 5yo mindee upstairs to her room after school but as she's the only one in at that time I go and sit up there with them. I've told my daughter that its her room and she doesn't have to have mindee up there but she says she wants to show her her toys so I just go with it. Room isn't off limits Ofsted wise and have risk assessed it so its just like another minding room to me x

Kerry30
09-10-2013, 03:23 PM
I dont allow minded children in my daughters room. Unless its LO's for a sleep in the travel cot and thats only when my daughters at school. After all my daughter needs her own space and toys that ate just hers.

JoRo163
09-10-2013, 05:38 PM
I allow children upstairs to play when invited by DD (age 6). She knows that her room is her space and her things, but if she invites children into her room then she shares this.

I only allow schoolies upstairs to play, no little ones.

dominiquegait
09-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I've just started and am encouraging my DD (5) to keep her room to herself. Partly because I live in a town house and her bedroom is two flights of stairs away and secondly because I want her to have and enjoy her own space.

loocyloo
09-10-2013, 09:12 PM
My children's bedrooms are their own space. They are the only ones who can say who goes in their rooms except my rule has always been that they can't choose just one mindee! It has to be open to all. As it happens it doesn't seem to be an issue as they've got older ( 8 & 11 ) with dd telling schoolie mindees that they can't play in her room because ofsted said no! Ds has a holiday only mindee to play in his room and actually dd takes sibling mindee to her room but only in holidays! (Little mindee comes all year round )

starlight1
09-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't my son sometimes likes his own space esp if had tough day at school..Travel cot goes up every moring in his room but I taken down as soon as I can

shortstuff
09-10-2013, 10:01 PM
I am a lucky CM and have a play room, with the downstairs loo at one end, so all of upstairs is out of bounds. This works well for us.

This is one for personal preference though x

yummyripples
10-10-2013, 08:19 AM
I would definitely discourage this. There will be a time when your son won't want them up and they won't understand why they can't sometimes but can at other times

lizduncan72
10-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I've always said that my kids rooms are out of bounds to mindees unless they are invited by them. The boys (10 and 14) very rarely let anyone in but DD (16) will often take the littlies in to read stories to them

jellyelly
10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
I was told to bear in mind if I let my 6 yr old mindee play upstairs with my 6 yr old son then, for inclusion purposes, I would have to let the little ones go up if they wanted and/or asked to! My son didn't like that idea so we all stay downstairs :) xx

Simona
10-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Your minded children have to be within hearing or sight at all times...bear that in mind!