PDA

View Full Version : another variation query!

tigwig
09-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Today with my oh we have 7 children with one being at nursery. So while on nursery run my oh will take 2 and I have 4. Out of these 4 does it have to include the child who the variation is for or can it be any of the 4 children?

Mummits
09-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Today with my oh we have 7 children with one being at nursery. So while on nursery run my oh will take 2 and I have 4. Out of these 4 does it have to include the child who the variation is for or can it be any of the 4 children?

I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but assume your DH is your registered assistant and that you would normally be able to have 6 pre-school aged children between you (3 each) and that for some reason you have granted yourself a variation which says you will look after four children so you will have seven in total. You will presumably have done a risk assessment and considered how you will cope with four (including car safety) and consulted any parents whose children will be affected, so unless your risk assessment covers the possibility of children who would normally be in charge of your partner coming with you (or vice versa) and possibly in a different vehicle/carseat, and unless all parents affected have given their okay, I would say you should stick to what arrangements you set out in your risk assessment, not chop and change, but that in future it might be sensible to cover all eventualities and consult parents accordingly.

Hope that helps.

tigwig
09-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry if that wasn't clear! Yes RA, parent permission etc all in place and nothing is specified about which children we will have just that we will have an extra child due to him increasing days. So when going to toddler group, for example, I have 4 with me in the car and OH has 2 with him in a double buggy and walks. I was under the impression that I would need to be the one with 4 rather than my assistant and out of the 4 the extra child would have to be with me.