PDA

View Full Version : Funded places

Fraggle1
08-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Hello,

Can I just check - do any of you just offer the 2 year funding and not the 3-4 year funding?

Thanks x

hectors house
09-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Have only just been accepted for funding so haven't got any funded children yet. However I can see that parents may not want to send children to you for just a year and then move them again to a Nursery for the 3 & 4 year old funding if they are settled. Why don't you want to do the older funding - is it because it is paid at lower rate than your own hourly rate?

Tazmin68
09-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Hi
I am currently providing childcare to 2 children under 2 year funding and both move to 3 year funding from January and i will have a younger sibling of one of them starting with me under the 2 year old funding in January.
Debbie

Fraggle1
09-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks for your replies :) The reason I don't want to offer 3-4 year funding is because I think they get alot of out attending a pre-school and will get them school ready. I don't even know what the rates are here at the moment. Having said that the little boy I look after would be 3 in Jan so I would need the 3-4 year funding between then and Sept. when he would start pre-school. x

Simona
09-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Have only just been accepted for funding so haven't got any funded children yet. However I can see that parents may not want to send children to you for just a year and then move them again to a Nursery for the 3 & 4 year old funding if they are settled. Why don't you want to do the older funding - is it because it is paid at lower rate than your own hourly rate?

But the preschool will not be open in holidays and the parents may want to use you for continuity of care if they need to work

Tell the parents because many do not understand the funding is only for 38 weeks

hectors house
09-10-2013, 02:59 PM
But the preschool will not be open in holidays and the parents may want to use you for continuity of care if they need to work

Tell the parents because many do not understand the funding is only for 38 weeks

In our town only one pre-school is term time only, all the other Nurseries, pre-schools and whatever else they are called are all year round - now anyone who does the funding (Nurseries & childminders) can stretch the funding over 51 weeks, so instead of 15 hours free they can get 10.5 hours. (Well they can in Somerset anyway).

Tazmin68
09-10-2013, 03:50 PM
The children that I have who are under the 2 year funded will move to 3 year funding until the end of summer term as they will both then move to pre school settings parents are quite happy that they will only be attending term time only as in both cases mums do not work but yes if parents were working I could either provided the funded hours or picked up and dropped off at pre school. In my case the 3/4 year old funding is still very close to my normal fees and I can claim extra for free school meals.

hectors house
09-10-2013, 04:40 PM
The children that I have who are under the 2 year funded will move to 3 year funding until the end of summer term as they will both then move to pre school settings parents are quite happy that they will only be attending term time only as in both cases mums do not work but yes if parents were working I could either provided the funded hours or picked up and dropped off at pre school. In my case the 3/4 year old funding is still very close to my normal fees and I can claim extra for free school meals.

Who do you claim from for free school meals - I do offer a hot cooked lunch but have been told that under the funding I can't make a parent pay for it if they don't want to.

Tazmin68
09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
If the child was of school age and qualify for fsm then all I need to do is tick a box for fsm on the headcount paperwork at middle of term and as long a funded child is with me for lunch then I get paid an amount of money towards lunch.