PDA

View Full Version : help writing termination letter

toddlers896
08-10-2013, 08:50 PM
what is the best way to word a termination letter. Terminating due to the child not settling after four months. she cries everyday when we go to playgroups and wants to be in my arms all the time which I cant do.

Kiddleywinks
08-10-2013, 08:59 PM
It's up to you how much or how little information you want to give. If Mum has been made aware of the difficulties you've been having, I would probably be more open about the reason - unable to provide 1:1 care LO appears to need/is impacting on care of the other children, if you'd rather not say, if she asks what the change of circumstances is just say it's personal and you'd rather not discuss it outside of the family :thumbsup:

Dear Parent

In line with our contract it is with regret, due to a change in circumstances, I am giving 4 weeks notice to terminate childcare currently provided for your child x.

The last day of care will be on xx

The final payment due for fees is £xx, and is due by xx
Please see attached fees breakdown for the current year

If you are claiming Tax Credits, you must also inform them on 0845 300 3900
It's very important to tell the Tax Credit Office about any changes in your circumstances, including a change of childcare provider, as that could affect your tax credits payments.

I wish you & x all the very best for the future

The Juggler
08-10-2013, 09:05 PM
for me, what I would put in the letter would depend on the conversations that went beforehand with mum. will she be expecting this. had you discussed giving it xxx amount of time to see if things were resolved?

If so I would meet with mum and tell her verbally that you feel it's in the interests of her LO that she moves somewhere new as s/he is not settling and therefore you are giving her a months notice. I would offer to help source a llist of other minders and/or nurseries locally if she would like.

Then I would confirm it in a letter and give her the letter.

GOod luck. It's hard when they don't settle.