PDA

View Full Version : Spoilt!!!!

08-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Have been looking after a LO for 4 years now and as he is getting older it is becoming very apparent that his parents let him have his own way ALL THE TIME!! He is starting to find my rules hard and often comments on how his mummy would let him do things that I say no to! This afternoon when he got in from school he demanded some chocolate which I said no to, then he demanded a film to be put on and again I said no. When his mum turned up he threw himself into her arms in floods of tears and I dread to think what he will say on his way home!

lizduncan72
08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I have one the same, parents let him do what he wants and give in to every request. He does accept that my rules are different but as soon as mum arrived to pick up he starts his demands with her which are always given into :( he is three and a half and he chooses what they will eat each night!! Last week mum picked up and said to me, hope its not spaghetti for tea again, after four nights if it I'm getting fed up!!!!!!! I'm all for giving kids a choice and will often let mine choose what we have but not every night and not to the point where we eat the same thing all the time!

singingcactus
08-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Can I join in with the spoiled ones. I currently have one who has awesome speech, but he just doesn't use it. He goes straight to screaming like an infant. His mum then says, what the matter, are you hurt, are you hungry, are you tired, do you want this, do you want that....and so on until she finally guesses why he is crying and fixes it for him. Constant pandering that is holding this one back in his ability to develop self help skills, autonomy, the ability to ask for help, and the the ability to develop resiliance.
I get that parents that are away from their kids for up to 10 hours a day NEED to make it up to them by giving extra treats and saying yes as often as possible, but I don't think they get the damage they cause by constantly giving extra treats as standard and never saying no.

bunyip
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Don't tell me, let me guess..............

Are these the sort of parents who tell their CM to be "firm but fair" then do nothing to keep their little darling in check when they've got him/her?

:p