PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Plan?

SammySplodger
08-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Who has an Emergency Plan?

I don't mean Accident / Emergency policy & procedures, evacuation plan or emergency cards (I have all those). I mean an overall plan listing various eventualities (fire, flood, terrorist incident, intruders) etc with contact info for water, gas, neighbours, all insurance companies, local taxi numbers, location of gas, stopcock etc.

Just wondered if its worth doing and if anyone can point me in the direction of a good example.

Ta

rickysmiths
08-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I have an Emergency Envelope by my door.

It has a grid with the names of the children and when I normally have them in my care.

I have a copy of my Emergency Policy which has the contact details and photos of my Emergency carers.

My own emergency contacts in case I am the one who is ill or hurt.

A copy of each of the children's Information sheets with all their contact details on along with a photo of the child, their parents and whoever may collect the child.

Didn't think of putting the other details in that is a good idea. I think I will add a floor plan with where all the services turn off. I will add insurance numbers as well. We are covered on our insurance for emergency plumbers etc.

tori4
08-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I think this what I need - and yes gas n water tap I do would be gd

When u say envelop do I mean one of those plastic ones my DS has one for homework ;-)

rickysmiths
08-10-2013, 03:26 PM
No it is a big strong paper brown one with my CM Letter heading on it and 'EMERGENCY FOLDER' . It is closed with two of the metal closers that push through and go flat. Inside the envelope is a cheap plastic folder that takes plastic wallets and the info in in the folder. That way I can add and take away info as children come and go. It also means it sits on the table and remains confidential and can't be opened easily.

SammySplodger
08-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Brilliant! Glad to know I'm not alone in this...

I was planning on making 4 copies of mine: one in my RA file, one in my nappy bag in a sealed envelope marked Emergency Plan (emergency cards are separate but in same pocket of bag), one on my notice board (in an envelope) which is right next to the front door and one in my DHs car (he is my main emergency backup).

So far it includes:

Setting layout plan with fire extinguisher and blanket, first aid kit, smoke and CO alarms, phones, entrances and exits, water cut off valve, gas valve and meter, electric fuse box and meter, first incoming phone point and note that I have one non-electric phone, my contact info, DH contact info, where my kids are at school, the fact that I have a dog, neighbours phone nos names and house numbers, local CM emergency backups, note about where emergency cards for Mindees are kept, copy of Accident, Incident & Emergency P&P, evacuation routes & assembly point, brief description of what to do in the case of: water/gas/electric issue, heating breakdown, failure of locks, catastrophic events: bombs, terrorism etc, death, serious life-threatening injury, severe weather (snow, heatwave, flooding), massive list of emergency contacts: starting with 999 and A&E down to local pharmacy and taxis and, finally, info about all our insurance policies.

Can you think of anything else?
Yes you can make cheeky comments.... ;-)

tori4
08-10-2013, 08:00 PM
These are gr8 ideas and sealed brown envelop sounds like the best opt

Thanks for sharing xT