PDA

View Full Version : Sickness

sprinkles
08-10-2013, 08:02 AM
What's the sketch with sickness? How long do they have to be symptom free etc before coming back? Little one was sick during night so not here today...she's due back on Thursday?

Lottie
08-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Golden rule is 48 hours, from when they stop vomiting. :-)

sprinkles
08-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Golden rule is 48 hours, from when they stop vomiting. :-)

So if she isn't sick again, she's fine to come back on Thursday morning?

sing-low
08-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Yes, 48 hours from last vomit would be Wed night so fine by Thursday morning.

Lottie
08-10-2013, 08:10 AM
If she isn't sick again then yes. I would then check with parents on wednesday evening to see how she is, before she turns up thursday morning.

sprinkles
08-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Will do, thank you! Mum not feeling too good either - she's at college and on placement at local nursery so thinks she's probably picked something up from there. Seen lots of parents saying on Facebook that their little ones have a bug so I expect she's right.

sprinkles
09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
So I've just had a text from mum saying that little one wasn't sick again but she lay on the sofa all day yesterday and was quite sweaty. She has said she should be ok for tomorrow, if it's ok with me. She also said she seems to have passed it on to everyone else. Do I take her or not? I feel like I can't say no because I don't have any other mindees to exclude for but I don't want it either......

smurfette
09-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Think you will have to take her if mum deems her well enough and not sick again, just say cheerily To mum when leaving that you will call her later and let her know how she is and get her to collect her if she can't cope/worsens

Unfort she was prob infectious before symptoms but not after 48 hours so if u haven't had it hopefully you wont. I sent one home last week who wasn't well enough to be here and mum brought her back, drives me mad!