PDA

View Full Version : safe guarding!!

maryp0ppins
07-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Im level 3 & have safe guarding course 1 & 2 but have just heard I need to retake every 3 years. Im confused. Which course do I need to take x

FussyElmo
07-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Im level 3 & have safe guarding course 1 & 2 but have just heard I need to retake every 3 years. Im confused. Which course do I need to take x

The course that your La approves. Whether it be online or a six hour one :thumbsup:

CLL
07-10-2013, 05:25 PM
All la's are different. Here in Newcastle we can take 1or 2 online or face to face. We are not allowed to do 3 I asked and they refused. It is good practice to redo it every 3 years to update your knowledge but in theory the certificate never runs out. Best bet is to ask your DO. I believe it is only mandatory to do your first aid every 3 years.

Mouse
07-10-2013, 05:25 PM
You need to check with your local authority.

It's not an Ofsted requirement for you to retake it every 3 years, but it might be a requirement of your local authority. Your LA might accept an online course, or might say it has to be done in person.

All LAs are different, so check to see what yours says.

maryp0ppins
08-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks guys, that's a joke trying to get old of out DO :/

Simona
10-10-2013, 07:25 AM
All LAs vary in their request for safeguarding...all cms need to be trained regularly but there is no prescriptive Level 1 or 2 or even 3

Check the EYFS and then ask Ofsted if unsure

Any Safeguarding must include the LAs own guidelines from the LSCB because each one is different