PDA

View Full Version : what to start with?

Kat
15-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Hello everybody,

I know this forum is ful of very good tips but I am reading and reading and getting more and more confused :panic:

I am new registered childminder and g:panic: et to late info about EYFS course so I just have my pack.... next courses are in Sep. I am trying to organise myself with as much as possible cos I really dont like to do on last minute so:
I have :

My childminding diary,
Weekly visitors list,
Fire alarm and drill (in progress),
Attemdance log(from NCMA)
policies etc
welcome pack,
diary for parent and infant daily record,
and probably some other samll things but i am absolutly lost with:

what kind of planning are you doing advance?
What is meduim term plan?
annual planning?

Ok I know we have to plan something to do but are you acctally planning everything and then fitting in observation?
Is there any web having some xamples of all this planning?

Please help..:blush:

Kat

sarah707
15-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Have you had a look at - www.bromleycma.org.uk? They have some useful free ideas for planning .

The first thing to remember is that it's not like it was ... you are planning for children's interests about half the time and planning for things you want them to do the rest of the time ... but it's all play based, so think about how your continuous provision (sand, water, buidling, paper and pencils, small world etc) fits in with your planning.

I have a yearly plan ... I think about festivals we will celebrate, special occasions in a child's life, local happenings, outings etc.

I then plan day by day ... up to a week at a time. Medium term plan gone out the window because it was too much repitition and children kept wanting to do other things which left me with wasted paperwork.

Hope this helps :D