PDA

View Full Version : travel cot cleaning

Memina
07-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Hello all,

I think since giving birth in june ive become somewhat of a germophobe.

I constantly disinfecting everything and even took my own toys to playgroup for my baby to play with lol.

But how do I clean travel cots? Ive got a case of one in one out at the moment and although each child has thier own bedding the actual cot mattress end up with dribble marks on it.

Thanks
N

hectors house
07-10-2013, 03:02 PM
One of mine was like this and I was lending it to a niece who was staying with my daughter for a family wedding - I was so paranoid that these marks would reflect badly on my business, that I scrubbed the whole mattress with washing powder in hot water and then spend ages trying to dry it with a hair dryer - in the end they didn't come down and stay night before the wedding, they travelled down early the next morning, but at least my travel cot was clean. I guess you could put a bottom sheet on the travel cot that stays on for the week and just change the top one for each child.

sing-low
07-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Saw this on pinterest:
http://maryorganizes.com/2013/04/how-to-clean-used-baby-things/

amirose
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Saw this on pinterest:
How To Clean Used Baby Things (http://maryorganizes.com/2013/04/how-to-clean-used-baby-things/)

Omg that photo, "the reason why you cleaned it" :eek:

Lottie
07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Hose it down in the garden??

Memina
07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks that's a great idea for a termly clean but I was thinking more along the lines of a daily clean to avoid colds etc being passed on.

Do you think a quick dettol spray will do the job along with a wash every half term?

Mrs Scrubbit
07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Mine all have a travel cot each, but I always placed a folded blanket under the cot sheet (both washed weekly) and this has kept the base mats like new despite having the cots 8yrs xx

Leela
07-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I have 5 cots and each child who attend most days has their own cot. 2 children share a cot but they don't attend on the same days, but each child has their own mattress and bedding all labelled and the cots are spray cleaned between these two children.

smurfette
08-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks that's a great idea for a termly clean but I was thinking more along the lines of a daily clean to avoid colds etc being passed on.

Do you think a quick dettol spray will do the job along with a wash every half term?

I spray with dettol anti bac and if it needs a good clean I use washing up liquid and a wet cloth and scrub then leave to dry in garden

rickysmiths
08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I have cut up the waterproof sheets you can get to cover a mattress and made covers to fit the base of my travel cots. This protects the base and I then put a blanket and sheet on top. Each child has their own set of sheets.