PDA

View Full Version : Advice on under in full time school

jfradgley1
07-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi,
I have got a potential parent coming to visit me this week. She wants before and after school care for her daughter for next September when she will be starting school. The thing is, all of my ey spaces are taken during the week by pre-schoolers. So my query is, would she be taking up one of my ey spaces if she is at school full time or can I count her as one of my 6 under 8s?
Thanks xx

sing-low
07-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi,
I have got a potential parent coming to visit me this week. She wants before and after school care for her daughter for next September when she will be starting school. The thing is, all of my ey spaces are taken during the week by pre-schoolers. So my query is, would she be taking up one of my ey spaces if she is at school full time or can I count her as one of my 6 under 8s?
Thanks xx

Once she's at school full time then she counts as a 'rising five', not in your EY spaces. But you'll need to check about settling in process at the school as she's not rising five until 'full time school' which I believe is 5 mornings and 5 afternoons. Mum may not even know which school she's going to yet so won't know whether they do half days to start or go straight in full time or some combination. Every school round here seems to do it differently.