PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED responds to "Big Conversation"

Mouse
07-10-2013, 11:34 AM
This is from Nursery World magazine.

Does anyone else feel rather disappointed by the response?

It doesn't look like Ofsted are planning to, nor even acknowledge the need to, make any changes.

Exclusive: Ofsted responds to the Big Conversation | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1214950/exclusive-ofsted-responds-big-conversation)

Perhaps there's more positive to come?

hectors house
07-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I wasn't expecting them to hold their hands up and admit they and their inspectors are operating a flawed system but hopefully they will be carrying out stricter monitoring based on the points raised from the Big conversation meetings and be very aware now that the Childcare sector aren't afraid to challenge them.

AgentTink
07-10-2013, 12:00 PM
I agree Mouse. I read the article just about 9 this morning, and have been stewing on the answers all morning. I dont see them anywhere admitting that something needs to change nor are they willing to look at making any changes. It will be interesting to see what June O'Sullivan makes of the responses. I am sure she will write a blog shortly

Simona
07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Judging by the replies and comments no one is happy at the response
I am sure the campaign will be stepped up as that response dodged all the questions and declared Ofsted is perfect and we are not!
The best bit was Ofsted is not influenced by politics and the govt and is independent....

PLA have also issued another appeal today for Ofsted to be clearer on inspections

Mouse
07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
After all the hard work that went into it, it's such a shame that Ofsted have dismissed the issues as either not being their responsibility, or by denying the problems even exist.

All those involved must feel as if they're banging their heads against a very large wall :(

Mrs Scrubbit
07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Well...............I'm lost for words, but then did I really expect a positive and clear cut answer from them........no! xx:angry:

Simona
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
After all the hard work that went into it, it's such a shame that Ofsted have dismissed the issues as either not being their responsibility, or by denying the problems even exist.

All those involved must feel as if they're banging their heads against a very large wall :(

I doubt very much those involved in the #OBC will give up just because Sue Gregory dodged every question and positive offer of engagement and covered it with 'we all share the same aim'??
I am also sure there will be more to follow and more providers will back those leading the campaign...they are fighting on everyone's behalf!