PDA

View Full Version : Truss! Who is she?!

kellyskidz!
07-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Apologise if this is a stupid question but...
Who is Truss?
And why don't we like her? :confused:
Lol, it seems that everyones talking about her and rather than trawl through Google to read a load of waffle, I thought I'd get straight to the point and ask on here!
I've picked up some info from reading this forum and cm info so I'm not totally clueless but new members may be, as I'd certainly never heard of her until a few months ago, and I'd like to know more as people seem to have differing opinions of her

Simona
07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
We could ask the same question of Gove? who is he?
well he was a journalist for The times I believe until he was promoted as Secretary for Education

Truss is an MP on the rise and part of the 2010 group of new MPs who wrote an article on Centre Forum about the cost of childcare and started the agency ball rolling

http://www.centreforum.org/assets/pubs/affordable-quality.pdf

More info on her here
https://www.gov.uk/government/people/elizabeth-truss

She is also heavily tipped for promotion in the imminent cabinet reshuffle...if that happens she will be given a dept with her own Portfolio...not long until we hear on that!

AliceK
07-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm afraid I could not possibly write on here who Truss and Gove are :angry:

xxx

hectors house
07-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Truss, Gove & Ofsted are names of the Dementors in Harry Potter - they are trying to suck all the fun out of childminding! :angry:

mrstom
07-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Truss, Gove & Ofsted are names of the Dementors in Harry Potter - they are trying to suck all the fun out of childminding! :angry:

Brilliant! I like that one :D

FussyElmo
07-10-2013, 01:25 PM

Or they are the dark sith lord and his apprentice.

After watching Have I got news for you on Friday - they definitely have their cloning facility working :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Simona
07-10-2013, 01:25 PM

Ahhh.....that may explain why it feels like a game of Quidditch...a truly balancing act, chasing an ever change in direction by an elusive snitch who travels at the speed of light!!?

kellyskidz!
09-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Is it the agency thing?! Why do we hate her:laughing:!!
(By the way I'm totally against agencies but I'm reading so much on her being mean and no idea why, then someone pops up saying she's great lol!)x

Simona
09-10-2013, 08:43 AM
I don't personally think about the agencies but it is her total lack of engagement with providers
Her choosing who to engage with and who she did not want in her discussions if they disagreed with ther opinion

Banning people on Twitter simply because we tried to engage with her
Her lack of knowledge on EY and her dismissal of all the experts she has asked to produce reports and then ignored them!

That is why if moved we hope for someone with more willingness to show respect for those who have experience, skills and knowledge.

Last...what she is proposing to do can be detrimental to cms...having praised us she went on to undermine our practice.

kellyskidz!
09-10-2013, 08:48 AM
I don't personally think about the agencies but it is her total lack of engagement with providers
Her choosing who to engage with and who she did not want in her discussions if they disagreed with ther opinion

Banning people on Twitter simply because we tried to engage with her
Her lack of knowledge on EY and her dismissal of all the experts she has asked to produce reports and then ignored them!

That is why if moved we hope for someone with more willingness to show respect for those who have experience, skills and knowledge.

Last...what she is proposing to do can be detrimental to cms...having praised us she went on to undermine our practice.

Thanks :) got it now. Can dislike her with a reason now lol! Xx

SammySplodger
09-10-2013, 09:19 AM

I dislike her mainly because:

She knows next to nothing about Childcare and yet she setting about deconstructing and constraining all of us.

She has no respect (or knowledge) of the experts who have advised against what she is doing.

She won't engage with us and just keeps repeating and sending out the same messages over and over again.

She is too arrogant to admit she might be wrong.

There was a fairly heated debate with her on Mumsnet back in February, when she was 'Paxmaned' by loads of CMs and concerned Parents. Very revealing. Might still be in the archives if you are interested.

SammySplodger
09-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Oh - and she always looks smug and smiles when she is saying something she know people probably won't like.

emma04
10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
She belongs to a group of people that we call the Government! Not too sure what they do, apart from:

spend money on rubbish!
spout utter tripe!
have no idea how they got to most of the conclusions they've ever come to!
Have no clue about the real world!
Have not clue about real people!
Oh .........and are paid a fortune for the privilege!

The Juggler
10-10-2013, 05:54 PM

ROFL that is soooo funny