PDA

View Full Version : how do i go about getting the 15 hours funding?

Hayley-sue
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi
i am newly registered childminder, had my visit last Monday from Ofsted and she said to expect my certificate soon YAY.
I am now wondering how i go about getting the 15 hour funding, is there certain criteria i have to meet?
Thanks in advance for your help
Hayley

Rick
06-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi

Contact your local authority as they all differ. All childminders should now be able to take the funding but some LAs are dragging their feet, some are still asking for a level 3 qualification

Bakez66
06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I have been told that you can offer the funding if you are graded either good or outstanding

moggy
06-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I have been told that you can offer the funding if you are graded either good or outstanding

It depends where you live. Only people who can tell you are your own Local Authority.

babs
06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
ring your local authority and ask good or outstanding grades and in some areas nqv lvl 3 is required, some areas you can do funding with a satisfactory grade.

moggy
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
...and make sure you check what the LA actually pay out for the 15 hours- in some areas it is well below the average hourly CM rate, so hardly worth doing at all, sadly.

Bakez66
06-10-2013, 08:35 PM
I know a cm who offers the funding and the parents pay the difference so she doesn't loose out on her hourly/daily rate

Rubybubbles
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I know a cm who offers the funding and the parents pay the difference so she doesn't loose out on her hourly/daily rate

Legally we are NOT Allowed to do this. She can charge for any hours before or after lunch ect but not a top up fee

Don't want anyone getting in trouble over this!

Simona
06-10-2013, 08:53 PM
All LAs should have informed cms about funding
Good/outstanding grades means you are entitled to draw the funding but some LAs impose extra conditions...and it is not just Level 3, there are a few extra they add on...up to cms to fight their LA as DfE not really interested at the moment
Yes the funding is well below the fees once a child gets to age 3...2 yo funding is not too bad although some LAs pay more that local fees

There are meetings coming up across England in the near future with the agenda 'Achieving 2 years olds' as the theme so you may be interested in attending in case you have concerns and want to express your views

Topping up is definitely not allowed but LAs can explain more about this...get in touch if you feel funding is what you want to do.

Hayley-sue
06-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks everyone iv emailed so will see what they come back with, so as I'm newly registered by the sounds if things I won't be able to get it until my grading in 6 months time .. Another obstacle to climb hehe thanks hayley

Bakez66
07-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Yes you have to wait until you've had your grading first, I'm still waiting for mine and I've been minding for a year x