PDA

View Full Version : Old out in with the new?

lorettacritchet
06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi,

What does everyone do with their old insurance/public liability and PACEY certificates? Do you throw them or keep them? I was about to throw away last year's papers then realised sometimes computers aren't always reliable and if I need to prove that I have previously had these documents, how could I prove it?

blue bear
06-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I've kept all mine, all 16 of them:D

tulip0803
06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I keep mine with my accounts

Bumble Beez
06-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I keep mine...still got my first one lol...

I like to reminisce :thumbsup:

Sarah x

Kiddleywinks
07-10-2013, 05:55 AM
I keep mine too so should I ever need to prove I was insured at some point, between now and my last child ever reaching the age of 21yrs and 6 mths, I am able to.
I also keep my old ofsted certificates for that reason - it proves what my ratios were - If I had a claim made against me in the future, I doubt I'd remember exact dates things changed.

sarah707
07-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Keep them! You never know when you will need them :D

rickysmiths
07-10-2013, 08:08 AM
You need to keep them and I have all mine for the last 20 years. It is only 30 pieces of paper after all. I work on the basis that if I had a claim made against me and I have to keep a child's accident reports until the child is 21 and 3 months old then I may as well keep the insurance certs as well.

I keep the child's contract and all signed forms and attendance records as well as accident sheets and a photo of the child and their parents all together when a child leaves. This is so if a claim is ever made by an ex I have all the information, I would never remember all of it. I have a box of the folders for these children stored securely and even though I have been minding 19 years the box isn't that big at all.