PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

CookieCutter
05-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Hello everyone! I've got parents coming to sign a contract soon, and they've asked if they can pay the deposit with childcare vouchers. Probably would be fine in most cases...but not sure about this one. The lo isn't starting with me until March or April (not charging a retainer because I'm worried it would put them off signing with me, and I'm newly registered so just want the guaranteed business), so I've asked for a full months fees paid as a non refundable deposit. Can childcare vouchers be used to pay a deposit that won't be refunded should the child not start with me? Thanks for your help!

Mouse
05-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Ooh, interesting question!

I would say, yes, they can pay with childcare vouchers, but they have to fully understand that it is a non-refundable deposit.

The best thing though is to give the voucher company a call and double check with them.

moggy
05-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Hello everyone! I've got parents coming to sign a contract soon, and they've asked if they can pay the deposit with childcare vouchers. Probably would be fine in most cases...but not sure about this one. The lo isn't starting with me until March or April (not charging a retainer because I'm worried it would put them off signing with me, and I'm newly registered so just want the guaranteed business), so I've asked for a full months fees paid as a non refundable deposit. Can childcare vouchers be used to pay a deposit that won't be refunded should the child not start with me? Thanks for your help!

I think only way to know for sure is to find out who the voucher supplier is and phone them. They are all separate companies with their own policies I guess, so best to check it out with them.

If in any doubt just say no, and ask for a direct deposit and they can use the voucher money when they start paying you fees.

funemnx
05-10-2013, 08:01 PM
If it is non-refundable it is the same as paying an invoice - I would say yes! :thumbsup:

Zoomie
05-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I've taken a deposit using childcare vouchers.y deposit was to secure place and I hold deposits till the end of the contract. In theory

Zoomie
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
In theory you should never have to refund but do check with the voucher company. I have refunded through computer share but do recall a thread on here where cm was having problems refunding. Think it was edenred but do check

CookieCutter
06-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks for your replies, I feel so silly because it never crossed my mind to phone the voucher company. I will do that first thing on Monday. I've been reading this forum quite regularly for over a year now, so even though I'm just starting out, I feel quite knowledgable about many things...but this one threw me! I do love this forum!

cs01
06-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I had a situation with edenred in that I was paid after the child had left my care (could have been voucher company error or parent forgot to cancel their edenred payment). I was under the impression that I could not refund the parent direct, due to tax implications but edenred said I would have to refund the parent but to make it clear to the parent that they would be responsible for contacting the relevant authorities re tax issue.

Like others have said, I would contact the relevant voucher company as each of them are different but I think you would be ok to accept the voucher payment as a deposit. Although the deposit is non refundable, you never know, it could be you that decides to return the deposit if your circumstances change and you can no longer take on this family.

madmamma
06-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Any refunds should be made to the voucher company anyway, so I wouldn't have a problem accepting voucher payments for a deposit (I allocate deposits to the last 4 weeks of care anyway)

bindy
06-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Yes of course they can!! Once they are put into your account , just like money.