PDA

View Full Version : Getting tired of people coming to my home! A bit miffed!!

unalindura77
04-10-2013, 04:25 PM
I have seen so many prospective parents lately, I'm getting tired of it especially because I put so much effort in to it and they come and leave and you never hear from them again!

One couple that came today were very nice, interviewed me to the hilt and said that they thought this was very likely to go ahead, they wanted the part time days I am available etc and then I see an ad they put up saying the found a fab nanny if only they could find a family to share her with, while they are due to come back next Thursday to see me again....I just think, why didn't you just say?

Also because a few have come when I have clearly said the days I am available and taken the time to explain the whole scenario with numbers etc which they haven't bothered to read and then say 'oh you can't do x days?' therefore wasting my time and theirs.

Arrrgggghhhhhh

Bad day today!

Bumble Beez
04-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh bless ya...

It must have been a bad day honey :(

I once had a family come, interview and left all excited with date set to sign contract etc...they never showed again and now I see the parents at the school using a nanny...
Not that I mind...but just to tell me would be nice!!

I do feel that if you're anything like me, you put a lot of effort into meeting parents and 'selling' yourself etc and it's disheartening when it doesn't materialise...

Chin up xx

Sarah x

kellib
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm the same, everywhere I advertise states I only have space on 3 days a week at the minute but the amount of people who have turned up saying 'oh I actually need 4 days...'

Also I must get about 3 phone calls a day asking me to do school runs to other schools, again I clearly state which school I do in all my advertising and seeing as my son goes there it's not about to change anytime soon!

Tealady
04-10-2013, 05:56 PM
The whole school thing bugs me too. Every single ad or listing I am on states the school I cover but still I get enquiry after enquiry for other schools.

unalindura77
04-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys! Yes I put a lot of effort in to it making sure my home is spic and span with all the correct toys out etc....so it is disheartening, I think they probably have me down as the last option in case they don't get the nanny share. Well I don't think I'd like to offer them my services after all...

With regard to our ads maybe we should write in capital letters PLEASE NOTE and see if it actually makes a difference....honestly!:mad:

Yep definitely a bad day! Normally I am a much more positive person!