PDA

View Full Version : Marie Curie Daffodils Help

adedwards68
04-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi, I have received my Marie Curie daffodil pack and wanted some advice on how to involve an 8 month and 13 month in the planting of them.

Bumble Beez
04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Snap!! I got mine last week and am still trying to decide how to go about the planting with all the little ones I have here...
I thought maybe finger painting the paper wraps, then having like a sensory tub with soil in for them to dig about in...then I'll jump in and help with the bulbs...just putting off the mess at the min too :laughing:

Sarah x

rickysmiths
04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I hope they work this year. I did it last year and we got lots of leaves and no flowers at all on any of the 10 bulbs. The children were very disappointed. You have been warned!

Needless to say I'm not doing it this year.

Glitter
04-10-2013, 01:31 PM
I hope they work this year. I did it last year and we got lots of leaves and no flowers at all on any of the 10 bulbs. The children were very disappointed. You have been warned!

This happened with my daffodils a few years ago. Mother-in-Law told me daffodils like to be planted quite deep or they will not flower. I dug them up, planted them deeper, and they all flowered.

adedwards68
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi, I have received my Marie Curie daffodil pack and wanted some advice on how to involve an 8 month and 13 month in the planting of them.

I'm not quite sure with the young ones how much mud will go in their mouths and how much into the pot!

Bumble Beez
04-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Hmmm...may need to re think this hey?!

Sarah x

weedotes
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM

All I can say is that I've learnt from experience: put the planted bulbs out of reach or some wee darling will be digging them up every other day to check how they are growing !