PDA

View Full Version : changing hours re deposits taken?

Bluebell
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I have decided to take 4xweekly deposits now to hold persons place. when the person starts the money is retained against their last 4 weeks - so it can be used to cover non-payment or lieu of notice. If the person changes their hours - has an extra day or longer day - would you then ask for an increase in the deposit so that 1 - I am covered should they leave no notice or start mucking around with payments AND 2 - there is no confusion on there part that they think they owe no money for the last 4 weeks?

just wondered what you all do?

rickysmiths
03-10-2013, 11:15 PM
If they increase hours I adjust the Deposit to reflect that. If they reduce hours in the first six months they loose that % of Deposit after that I would adjust down.

My Deposit id only used for the final four weeks if all fees are paid up to date at that point and yes if they default on a payment the Deposit is y fall back.

I also have in my Contract that if payment is five days late childcare stops until payments are brought up to date. The Deposit would, if no payment was forthcoming, cover my loss and whatever was left would cover the Notice. The Deposit covers me if a parent decides to leave and not give four weeks notice.