PDA

View Full Version : Quick answers please regarding a goodwill gesture refund

Minstrel
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Ok short story is- little girl is here 4 days a week, mum doesn't have a job yet as wanted to settle her first and has a job interview tomorrow so she is booked and paid for a fifth day. Just collected from nursery and LO has been sick everywhere. Dad will now need to take day off and I'm wondering whether you would refund the half day she was supposed to come. They are good parents ( in case that's relevant)! Wwyd?

JoRo163
03-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't refund, no. They've booked the day and should expect to be charged.

If you start doing favours from the start, I'd worry they will expect it all the time.

sing-low
03-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't refund. I don't charge late fees for the first time fees are late but do thereafter. I think it's best to stick with what your policy says (which I presume is adhoc care is payment in advance, non-refundable and fees are due if LO is sick as parents pay for a space).

Mouse
03-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Once time has been booked & paid for I don't refund it.

Minstrel
03-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Argh I know you're all right... But the guilt!!! :( I'm such a softie!

Lottie
03-10-2013, 04:05 PM

I might sound hard nosed saying this but why should you feel guilty. It's not your fault the little one is unwell and it's not part of your job description to nurse sick children. It's the parents responsibility and like every parent on the planet they will need to take time off. :thumbsup:

shortstuff
03-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I agree with the others, i would not refund. Especially so early in the working relationship as they will expect it every time.

WibbleWobble
03-10-2013, 04:35 PM

And I am just as soft as you minstrel

Wibble the squishy x