PDA

View Full Version : I would just like to point out that I am bit wet

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I was wet at 250. At 350 I am offically drenched through to my underwear.

I have 2 observations my waterproof coat is not as waterproof as I had thought.

It is also perfectly acceptable when this wet to encourage all the children to catch raindrops with your tongue. Yes that is right miserable woman walking past tutting :-D

AgentTink
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
:laughing:so true Fussy.

I had to strip down in my kitchen to my underwear....it was a good job my dressing gown was in there.

The children were all loving how heavy the rain was, and the puddles they found where huge after only 30 minutes of rain.....

My observations were:
1) That the rain proof uggs i bought are rain proof...however they are not puddle proof
2) Always a good idea to keep your dressing gown close to hand you just never know when you might need it
3) Steamed up glasses are not a great look and nor can the teacher recognise you with them steamed up
4) following on from point 3 ... the teacher can not recognise who i am with a very unattractive hood fastened tightly around my face

Mouse
03-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I certainly don't miss the school runs in weather like this.

As for grumpy guts tutting at you, she has obviously never tried it and has probably never jumped in a puddle or pushed a pushchair at great speed through the biggest puddle you can find in the hope of making as big a splash as possible :D

sing-low
03-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Nice day for singing 'rain, rain, go away' and 'it's raining, it's pouring' and 'five little ducks went swimming one day'!

Any others?

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Nice day for singing 'rain, rain, go away' and 'it's raining, it's pouring' and 'five little ducks went swimming one day'!

Any others?

I dont care what the weatherman says

Emra81
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Singin' in the rain!

AgentTink
03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops

doris127
03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
"if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops ...." - you have to catch raindrops on your tongue in that one!

doris127
03-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Haha - great minds ^^^^

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 05:07 PM
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops

I don't know this song :(

AgentTink
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't know this song :(

If you are going to listen to this version its the best one

Barney: If All The Raindrops - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1ZeWhAtRI)

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Barney: If All The Raindrops - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1ZeWhAtRI)

Thank you :thumbsup:

sing-low
03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
My kids loved the Barney song! Hope it rains tomorrow!:thumbsup:

Maza
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
"It's Rainin' Men
I'm gonna go out and let myself get ab-sol-ute-ly soaking weeeeeet, it's rainin' MEN!

silvermist
03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
"It's Rainin' Men
I'm gonna go out and let myself get ab-sol-ute-ly soaking weeeeeet, it's rainin' MEN!

Hallelulia!!!!:laughing::clapping::laughing::clapp ing:

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:05 PM

I havent heard that since my Bex was little. I just went on ebay and ordered a Barney cd! Love that song! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Now if only I had been singing that when the woman was tutting :laughing::laughing:

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Now if only I had been singing that when the woman was tutting :laughing::laughing:

and wearing a big purple suit!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 08:16 PM
and wearing a big purple suit!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

She would have been screaming not tutting.

Though people would have thought she had been at the wine though. Its a purple DINOSAUR!!!

I would have been dry as well :laughing::laughing::laughing:

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:23 PM
She would have been screaming not tutting.

Though people would have thought she had been at the wine though. Its a purple DINOSAUR!!!

I would have been dry as well :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey now theres an idea, I could sell Barney costumes to childminders to wear on school runs!!! Genius idea! :laughing:

sing-low
03-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I wore a purple rainhat today - that's the closest I'm getting to EVER wearing a purple dinosaur suit!

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Hey now theres an idea, I could sell Barney costumes to childminders to wear on school runs!!! Genius idea! :laughing:

Oi my idea - we go on Dragons den together :D:thumbsup:

AgentTink
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM

I will order 2 please....who doesnt love a great big purple dinosaur....plus purple really suits my skin tone :laughing:

AgentTink
03-10-2013, 08:33 PM

fussy do dragons like dinosaurs?.... who would win in that fight fussy? :laughing:

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:34 PM

I'm in!!!:laughing:

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I wore a purple rainhat today - that's the closest I'm getting to EVER wearing a purple dinosaur suit!

A purple hat is just phase 1, phase 2 is purple pants!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

sarah707
03-10-2013, 08:37 PM
My rain coat kept me dry - it was the rest of me that was soaking wet :laughing:

By the time I'd kitted everyone out in spare trousers and socks and we'd had hot chocolate it was nearly time for tea :D

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
fussy do dragons like dinosaurs?.... who would win in that fight fussy? :laughing:

The dinosaur but Im taking Silvermist one blast of that fairy dust and we will have Peter and Theo (I hope that's the right names not actually watched it) fighting to give us the money :laughing::laughing:

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:44 PM
The dinosaur but Im taking Silvermist one blast of that fairy dust and we will have Peter and Theo (I hope that's the right names not actually watched it) fighting to give us the money :laughing::laughing:

Who are peter and theo? :huh:

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Who are peter and theo? :huh:

Two of the dragon the dinosaur will have to beat :D

silvermist
03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Oh Im with you now! :doh: I need some sleep.

Better get to bed, early start.

Lovely chatting this eveining fussy. Speak soon xxx:thumbsup:

teacakepenguin
03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
aaaargh I hate that purple dinosaur!!!!

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Oh Im with you now! :doh: I need some sleep.

Better get to bed, early start.

Lovely chatting this eveining fussy. Speak soon xxx:thumbsup:

You too honey. We just need a business plan and suits now :-D

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 09:02 PM
aaaargh I hate that purple dinosaur!!!!

Arr sing with us I love you, you love me....................................

loocyloo
03-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Arr sing with us I love you, you love me....................................

I had managed to forget about that purple dinosaur! Until I read that song above!

FussyElmo
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I had managed to forget about that purple dinosaur! Until I read that song above!

Sing with us loocyloo :-D

teacakepenguin
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
there are some things that are banned in my house, and barney is on that list!!!

I don't have a problem with kiddie music, I've been to see The Wiggles 4 times in concert lol, and there are loads of other great things, but barney aaaaaaaaaargh!

Maza
03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Hallelulia!!!!:laughing::clapping::laughing::clapp ing:

Thanks - I couldn't spell 'Hallelulia' so I left it out!

You've got me singing it again now! x:clapping::clapping::clapping:

loocyloo
03-10-2013, 09:24 PM
there are some things that are banned in my house, and barney is on that list!!!

I don't have a problem with kiddie music, I've been to see The Wiggles 4 times in concert lol, and there are loads of other great things, but barney aaaaaaaaaargh!

I am sooooo with you! Love the wiggles don't love the purple dinosaur!

littlemiss60561
03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
'Raindrops keep falling on my head'
My lot were singing the sun hasn't got his hat on, hip hip hip hoo boo :laughing:
I can't stand Barney. My oh does a fab impression though. He would be up for wearing a Barney outfit ( sadly) and singing to the dragons if you want to borrow him!
And I now have ' and the green grass grows all around all around' going around my flippin head. And I just know I won't be able to sleep until I've completed the song. Thanks....:censored: :laughing:

The Juggler
03-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I was wet at 250. At 350 I am offically drenched through to my underwear.

I have 2 observations my waterproof coat is not as waterproof as I had thought.

It is also perfectly acceptable when this wet to encourage all the children to catch raindrops with your tongue. Yes that is right miserable woman walking past tutting :-D

lol poor you honey! we got away lightly just one really heavy shower today - have to say not missing doing school runs in weather like this (runs and hides)

sing-low
26-03-2014, 01:20 PM

This afternoon we added a new verse (slightly more British in flavour):
If all the hailstones were haribos and maoms, oh! what a hail that would be! sing with me….