PDA

View Full Version : occasional mindees

mimo
15-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi
need the help of all you experts out there from september i will occasional have a 3 year boy for up to 3 afternoons a week 1-30pm-4pm .I will only have him when his mum works which may be quite irregular as she is going to be a supply teacher. (i have her other 2 children who are 7 on a regular basis). How do i use the eyfs for him as it will be very hit and miss when i have him.All the other children i mind are older so this is the only child i need to use the eyfs framework on.

sarah707
15-07-2008, 09:43 AM
You need to complement what he is doing elsewhere ...

Nobody is expecting us to deliver the whole eyfs for part timers, but for the time they are with you, you will be giving them play experiences that cover parts of the eyfs ...

Even if they are after-schoolers and they are chilling, helping prepare tea, laying the table, using the computer, playing outside with the little ones etc ... they are still doing things that show they are learning and developing with eyfs.

With part timers I intend to do a routine sheet ... everything they routinely do and how it meets eyfs. This is done once, changed when something changes but otherwise left be. Then, when something nice happens or they say something brill etc quick photo, couple of lines of writing, link it to eyfs, pop it in their celebration folder, done ...

Hope this helps :D

mimo
15-07-2008, 10:04 AM
thanks Sarah that a good idea . Just one more bit of advise from you if you know .Last year when i had my last inspection the inspector mentioned that i would probably not have anthor inspection as i got an outstanding and at the time didnt look after any children under the age of 5 so ofsted wouldnt be interested have you or anyone you know heard this or did i just have a deranged inspector:rolleyes:

sarah707
15-07-2008, 10:43 AM
According to my sources and the info that's being fed back from Ofsted eyfs training (they get 2 whole days !!) they will be doing 3 things after September ...

The first is to call on those with concerns or satisfactory with concerns from their last round of inspections, no matter how long ago they were;

The second is to call on people who have had complaints made about them;

The third is to inspect by postcode ... so they will pick an area and blitz it, regardless of when people in that area were last inspected.

We must all be ready from 1st September, using eyfs - no excuses or leeway.

If you don't mind children under 5, you will still be inspected on eyfs, but obviously the learning and development grids will not be relevant to you. Even so, you will need to show evidence of children's learning ... if you notice, the 'are you ready for your inspection?' document goes from 0 - 17, so that's what they will be following.

Hope this helps :D

jaz
15-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I hope they dont choose my postcode, but in a way i am more ready for it because of the forum.

Looks like I will be getting everything up to date over holiday

J
x