PDA

View Full Version : Its going to be a long day...

JCrakers
03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I have 3 mindees this morning. 14m, 47m and 42m....its going to be a long day today as I'm pooped already.

We always go to toddler group on a Thursday morning after a stop off at a local coffee shop to have milk and snack and so I can give 14m old his brekkie before toddler group starts at 10am. I just about manage to knock back a cup of coffee as we only manage to sit for 15-20mins.

Usually I take my double buggy and the older girls take it in turns to have a sit down as the walk is about 25mins but as they are both getting too old for the buggy this morning I just took the single......boy it was hard
The 42m old doesn't know how to walk, she trots like a horse so I must have repeated myself 20 times in the small space of time. "can you hold onto the buggy, can you hold my hand, can you walk please"
Every time we crossed a road she was squirming to let go of my hand so I had to hold it tightly....It calls for reins or wrist strap next time I think

We arrived and 1 wouldn't eat her banana, 14m old didn't want his breakfast, one asked for milk but didn't drink it as it tasted different, one asked for fruitbread but left it all.
When we eventually arrived at toddler group the 14m old just kept heading for the door......He likes doors at he moment and will spend lots of time going in and out of things, under chairs and back out so that's all he did while I was trying to sing and watch the other two with the musical instruments and craft table.
More stress on the way back, 42m old was still trotting and starting to run so I had to get her to hold on to the buggy all the way but she kept letting go and darting off....when we got in she's messed about with her lunch and climbed on the conservatory windowsill while I was making lunch, which she knows I don't allow. (no open window, just a low ledge)

So...I'm hoping for a better afternoon. The 42m old is always a handful. I started looking after her when she was 8m old but she screamed for 8 weeks so I had to give notice. She came back to me when she was about 20m but boy......its hard

Might have to go out for some tonic later as I have a bottle of gin waiting :o

Bumble Beez
03-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Good grief JCrakers...reading that makes my morning look like a doddle in comparison and I thought I'd done plenty lol!!

Hope they all sit down and give you five mins peace this avo :) and roll on home time, and then crack open that bottle! :thumbsup:

jackie 7
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
You will be do pleased when going home time arrives.

shortstuff
03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
blimey, how are things now? did you get any respite at all? Im tired reading it x

JCrakers
03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I ****** exhausted...lol. The school walk wasnt too bad but then picked up three boys and it was like I'd just been to the local pet shop and picked up 3 spaniel puppies.

When we arrived back they went on the toddler seesaw and broke a toy which was underneath it. Proceeded to climb on each other and make loads of noises. 5 yr old sister was constantly touching 14m old and it didn't get any better over tea time.

They were all gone by 5pm...... I've decided we are going out for tea because I'm not cooking

What a day, lets hope tomorrow is better.