PDA

View Full Version : Quick replies please!!

smurfette
03-10-2013, 09:42 AM
So Lo Aged 18 months hasn't been great all week which we put down to teething.. Tuesday at soft play she didn't move off my lap which isn't like her, yest I sent her home cos she was cranky and clingy after having paralink and nurofen, hasn't been right for couple weeks so mum took to dr who said virus and red ear but not bad enough to warrant an antibiotic. Didn't think she would come today but here she is, mum said much better but materialises she gave nurofen as she was uncomfortable and crotchety.! I am not too happy as don't want to catch it or spread it (one here this am has sister with cystic fibrosis) but chickened out of using the hairy balls. Now Lo has had really yucky nappy, very smelly and all everywhere . Bit cross as dh has caught laryngitis from another Lo I think, I am meant to be working the referendum tomorrow 630am to 1030pm which is worth a lot of money and also dd has bday party Sunday more importantly!

Just want to make sure I am not clouding the two mindee issues together, not this mums fault that other Lo was brought when sick! Also she knew I wasn't impressed so just don't want her to think I am sending her home unnecessarily if you know what I mean, plus they can have yucky nappies from teething and she does too from painkillers? Yuck bugs everywhere!!!

Bumble Beez
03-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Personally I would send LO home...its not fair on you, other mindees or the child in question...

When my boys were poorly as toddlers all they wanted was to sit and have cuddles with me, and I expect others are the same :( even if it is teething

Poor little poppet...my advice would be to send home...followed by an antibac overload round the house :laughing:

smurfette
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Personally I would send LO home...its not fair on you, other mindees or the child in question...

When my boys were poorly as toddlers all they wanted was to sit and have cuddles with me, and I expect others are the same :( even if it is teething

Poor little poppet...my advice would be to send home...followed by an antibac overload round the house :laughing:

Seems ok in herself at mo though?

shortstuff
03-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Tough one to call for a child weve never met x

Imagine the other incident hadnt happened how would you deal with this isolated case?

If lo has yucky nappies from teething and meds is it the same yucky? Or different? I think I would use this as a starting point for my decision x

smurfette
03-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys mum is working from home so could be worse ., text her to say about nappy and she said like a viral nappy and I said yes yucky and smelly.. She asked if I wanted her to come get her and I said yes didn't think she was too well, looks peaky and her eyes are hanging better at home to rest so she is on way!

shortstuff
03-10-2013, 10:55 AM
ah bless, lo needs to be at home with mum x

tough call but well made x sounds like mum was expecting it x

smurfette
03-10-2013, 11:06 AM
ah bless, lo needs to be at home with mum x

tough call but well made x sounds like mum was expecting it x

Think she knew she was chancing her arm,,
Arrived with wet hair so obviously work wasn't too urgent! Lo of course starts dancing and laughing like a mad woman!

shortstuff
03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Think she knew she was chancing her arm,,
Arrived with wet hair so obviously work wasn't too urgent! Lo of course starts dancing and laughing like a mad woman!

haha typical on LO lol, who knows with mum ;-)

smurfette
03-10-2013, 11:25 AM
haha typical on LO lol, who knows with mum ;-)

Luckily mum just laughed
And said same yest