PDA

View Full Version : NCMA members

emmadines
15-07-2008, 09:09 AM
hi im sure you've prob been sent this but i thought it wouldnt hurt to put it on here to......... (remove if needed)

Dear NCMA Member

As many of you will know, earlier this year the Department for Children, Schools and Families launched a consultation into a proposed new fees structure increasing both application and annual fees for the Ofsted Childcare Register to £103 in September 2008 and fees for the Early Years Register to £100 in 2010.

NCMA and its members strongly opposed these substantial increases, which were well above inflation, and earlier this year I emailed all NCMA members in England who had provided NCMA with an email address to urge as many people as possible to read and respond to the consultation.

I am delighted to tell you that the Department has now announced that there will be no substantial increases over the next three years, while the Department explores a more proportionate and fair fees system. This is excellent news and I know the concerns lodged by many of you, alongside the continuing pressure applied by NCMA centrally to Government, played a large role in this positive outcome. In addition, NCMA did a lot of hard work behind the scenes to push for this result, lobbying MPs and working with Ministers and Government officials to explain the impact this would have, as well as lots of media work which resulted in coverage in The Times, Nursery World, Children and Young People Now, The Guardian, BBC TV Working Lunch and BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour to name just a few.

The Department's announcement can be read at http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/pns/newslist.cgi

NCMA has issued a press statement welcoming this and it is available to read at www.*************

It is particularly appropriate that this announcement comes during National Childminding Week and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who took time to write to the consultation office as well as your own MPs and I am very proud that as a profession we have achieved this by working together.

Yours

Susanna Dawson

NCMA Chair and registered childminder

Celebrate National Childminding Week 2008 from 14 to 21 June. For more information, visit www.*************

and for someone who got their pack and membership free (for the 1st year, part of a start up grant) Im quite pleased that there isnt an increase and it wasnt cheep in the 1st place (when I was reading up on it)

foxy lady
15-07-2008, 09:30 AM
thats good news

sarah707
15-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Always good for those who don't spot all threads... and newbies of course!

Thank you for posting :D