PDA

View Full Version : im not new here. but childminding is new to me.

Trudey
02-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone
Im not new to tis forum, I have used it for years for tips and ideas for planning in a nursery that I work at.

My background is that I am a EYP well supposedly new early years teacher as I am now supposed to call myself with the new government guidelines after the nut-brown review.

I have just registered interest in applying to enrol on the child-minder course in Jan. I am aware of the situation surrounding child-minding agencies and hopefully I can obtain a place at my local adult learning centre before these new guides get put into place.

SOOOOOO my question is How do you name your setting. Can you choose any name. Im assuming I have to choose a name that no one has used.
I know I sound a little premature thinking of this ( just like when you just find out your pregnant, I automatically thought of names I liked).
The names have been coming to me since I have registered my name for the course. I cant help it
so because im also training to become a forest school leader Im thinking of earthy woodland foresty names.
has anyone got an good ideas?
sorry to waffle , but ive always wanted to be a child-minder and now my youngest starts school next year, so it now can become a reality. im excited x x

kellyskidz!
02-10-2013, 03:23 PM
First off, welcome, as a childminder lol!
I named my business after my first name and Kidz with a z as that how my daughter first wrote it down and it stuck and it was kind of the obvious choice! A new minder has just started up in my village and called hers Tot Stop which I thought was cute. We also have Sticky Mitts, Sarah's Stars, Once Upon A Time, Crazy Cottage and Hectic House (both of those last two are mother and daughter who used to work together but daughter has moved out)
I think it's important to get it right because i imagine it to be hard to change once you're established
Good luck xxx

Trudey
03-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks Kellyskidz

im thinking of a name like woodlands childminding. Roll on Jan, I cant wait to get this course started. x

gembo
14-10-2013, 11:07 PM
I hadnt even thought of a name! mmmm... lol x
so many things to think about.... I currently work a school, finding out about childminding now and reading all the posts :) x

starlight1
15-10-2013, 09:46 AM
I did originally call myself bright stars

then in the end just went for my name with Childminding on the end

tulip0803
15-10-2013, 12:51 PM
You can choose anything you like although it is best to check that there are no other childminders (or nurseries) with the same or similar names in the area just to avoid confusion.

I just use my name and childminding like starlight1