PDA

View Full Version : Taxes

kellyskidz!
02-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi all just a quicky
Can we claim for a percentage of our rent or mortgage on our tax forms? And if so how much?
Thanks xxx

jackie 7
02-10-2013, 12:30 PM
From what I remember it is10% of rent. You can claim for the interest on mortgage. Not sure how much

kellyskidz!
02-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks Hun, I has 10% in my head too. Then heating, lighting etc goes on how many hours you work?x

hectors house
02-10-2013, 12:50 PM
You can claim a proportion of rent I believe but I don't think you can on mortgage payments, I never have.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
You can claim the "actual percentage" of all your household costs unless you are claiming those percentages based on the arrangements made between Pacey and HMRC. You need to work out when percentage your rooms are used for on personal/business use (you cannot claim any time for business that you have your own children). This percentage is then taken for water, council rates, cleaning, mortgage interest etc... etc...

I wasn't confident in claiming this and employ an account now in case the HMRC want me to justify the claim.

kellyskidz!
02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
You can claim the "actual percentage" of all your household costs unless you are claiming those percentages based on the arrangements made between Pacey and HMRC. You need to work out when percentage your rooms are used for on personal/business use (you cannot claim any time for business that you have your own children). This percentage is then taken for water, council rates, cleaning, mortgage interest etc... etc...

I wasn't confident in claiming this and employ an account now in case the HMRC want me to justify the claim.

Seriously thinking of doing the same, employing an accountant. How much do they charge if you don't mind me asking x